Capriccio Farce

Nine people filled the courtroom. A girl sitting at a judge's desk, gazing out at everyone. Above her was a boy sitting on a floating gear. There was a man in the defendant's chair, nervously wanting to end. Next to him was a short girl, her expression clearly bored. Across from them was a girl in a red dress. Behind her was a blonde girl, smirking.

Two kids stood the judge's desk, back to back, arms raised. Their eyes held a mischievous light. Glancing at the others before them, they said in unison,

"An empty defendant's seat,
A visitor's gallery with nothing but junk
Come, let's begin this farce called a trial!"

The girl behind them raised her gavel and brought it down, scaring them off. She was Kyoko, the Doll Director.

Both of the kids scrambled to their mistress, the Master of the Graveyard.

"It's time to begin this trial," the doll said in a neutral tone. Then, she continued speaking.

"Only one of the vessels,
That we're seeking out by orders of god remains.
If it's the case you know its whereabouts
Make your testimony, 'Sorceress of Time.'"

A young woman with blue eyes and blonde hair smirked. Her eyes landed on the judge, her lips twisting as she answered.

"Transcending time, changing forms, changing masters
It's already making its debut on stage."

The doll raised her gavel again, ready to force Junko to tell what she knew. Luckily for everyone, she didn't need to do that.

The sorceress kept speaking, not bothering to explain her words.

"Even so, not knowing the whereabouts myself right now,
I fear it's likely that it's in her hands."

She laced her hands together, looking at the others. No one wanted to meet her eyes.

If Kyoko was treated well, then Junko was treated like the cat that somehow got adopted but no one really likes. No matter how many times she was chased out, she came back.

The twins interrupted any conversation with their next antics.

"Search, search, search for that jerk
Left, right, or down!"

Kaede, the one of the right, went silent as her brother kept speaking.

"She who holds all the keys,
Search for "The Master of the Hellish Yard!"

With that, they shut up again. Not that they wanted to. Their mistress whacked both of them on their heads, before apologizing for them.

"I'm sorry for these children who have no manners," she murmured softly.

A boy, the one of the gear, spoke next, his tone dejected and sad.

"How long is this farce going to continue?
There is nothing after that."

He was Gear, a boy who had been called Shuichi. No one knew how he became a gear in the clocktower, but he had.

The girl in red sneered at him.

"Soul of Adam who fell in the trap,
There's nothing you can accomplish anymore..."

She laughed as he curled in on himself. The Master of the Graveyard, the one who had been known as Maki Harukawa.

Kyoko looked at him with worry in her eyes. "Gear," she said hesitantly, "don't listen to her. Graveyard is just unhappy."

'Swinging scales, a disordered scenario,
vessels sullied in sin.'