OhmNanon || OneShort AU

When the alarm went off for the second time, Nanon groaned as he covered his ears with the pillow blocking the constant sound but soon gave up when he reminded himself of what's at stake if he slacked out. He literally fell asleep an hour ago and now he had to wake up again. Dragging himself off the bed, Nanon went to the bathroom connected to his small bedroom. Half awake and half asleep, he kept turning on the warm tap water but nothing came out. He sighed once he remembered there wasn't any warm water and so he opted for the only water available. 

Slumping down on his small shower, he felt the cold water come in contact with his skin. He shivered as he felt goose bumps all over his body. He never could get used to this; in fact his life wasn't something he could ever get used to. He fought back the tears and gulped down the huge lump formed on his throat. He wanted to cry his heart out, hoping it would soothe down the pain he felt. Thinking back on the day he had ahead, Nanon didn't have time for a pity party. He had to get a move on. 

Nanon readied himself and was soon out of his condo, out of the apartment building he stayed in and on his way to the first job of the day. Sometimes Nanon thought he overworked himself, he did 2 part time jobs, one as a library attendant and another as a front manager to the Coffee shop in the city mall and as if that wasn't enough, he attended online lessons for his BBA course and physical lessons for his LLB course. It was a good thing he was good in time management and organising, for he had things already planned and laid out. 

From where he stayed to the Central City Library, it was a 45 minute walk and since he was used to this every day, he had become familiar with it. From any bad situation he was in, Nanon always looked at the bright side of things, the positive side, and walking everyday would 1) save money, 2) contribute to environmental safety and lastly he didn't need to exercise a lot. No matter how many times he tried to convince himself, deep down Nanon knew he looked at the positive things to avoid thinking of how life would be if he had a car, or money to spend on taxis. 

Nanon passed the rundown flats and houses, drunk and homeless people sleeping on the sides of the buildings, walking straight until well built and maintained buildings came into view. The change in scenery was evident. In this city, there was a difference in social status. The lower class on the pyramid stayed on the west side of the city and the upper class belonged to the east side of the city. There had been a point in time where his life was much easier than his present. 

Entering the library, he passed Mr Sus at his usual chair, giving him a nod and walked right straight. Mr Sus was the security man at the door, who kept an eye on whoever entered the library. He was a very humble and sweet man. At first glance, he may look grumpy and all around serious, but once you got to know him you would realise he was a family man working hard to feed his children and wife. 

"Good Morning Mrs Pakt" Nanon greeted the woman behind the reception desk,

"Morning Nanon'' Mrs Pakt answered back, flashing her warm smile towards him. It always made his day whenever he received one of Mrs Pakt's smiles; it was soothing and full of care, like a mother's love. Passing the receptionist area, Nanon went to the back of the library to the workers locker room. What he enjoyed most about working in the library was the countless books he could read and borrow. It was no doubt he was a bit privileged on the borrowing part because Mrs Pakt would extend his return period by maybe a week, a month depending on what type of book it was. And Mrs Flencher, the library manager, whenever he was done with his part of work, she would allow him to utilise the little time he had before his next job to study for his LLB and BBA courses. 

There were tonnes and tonnes of assignments that required his absolute attention and energy. Stepping out of the locker room, he took a deep breath, put on his work smile and walked into his designated work area. He worked on the lower ground whilst his co-worker worked on the upper part. Mostly his job here consisted of packing and rearranging the left books on top of tables back into their shelves.