ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1

*The entire story takes place in the past.*

-Olive's POV-

Boredom. That's all I felt on that Saturday afternoon. The weather was cold, rainy, and wet. I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling, ready to fall asleep. The rain beat against my window as I closed my eyes and drifted off...or at least attempted to. The second I got comfortable, my phone went off, which startled me and caused me to jolt into an upright position. my glasses fell off of my face, and onto the floor. I sigh, then I pick them back up and check who was calling me.

Right, Introductions. I'm not into shit like those ridiculous, flashy, look-at-me type things, so lets just get it over with. I'm Oliver Anderson- but please, call me Olive. I'm 16 years old and in 11th grade, and I attend West Gardenberg High. I moved to New York when I was 12 years old from Moscow, Russia. 

Anywho, I unlock my phone. 100 unread messages, 12 missed calls. And of course this spam was caused by no one other than my two best friends. I open my messages.

-TEXT-

Mizuku: OLIVE, THERES A NEW CALL OF DUTY UPDATE!

Mizuku: LIV!!

Sephora: BRO HES LIKE DEAD

Sephora: OLIVER ATLAS ANDERSON GET YOUR DUMB ASS ON HERE RIGHT NOW WESRDTFGYUHJI

--The conversation continued like this until I finally logged on.  Although I was sleepy, I decided to join their call. The moment I joined, I wasn't surprised to hear Mizuku's screeches of rage.

"you're just jealous that I'm better than you" Sephora said, taunting him. 

"YOU'RE BEING A SWEAT HOW ARE YOU BETTER THAN ME" Mizuku exclaimed. he has mad game rage. almost like a fortnite kid who got the Xbox taken a way. 👁👄👁

"...hello?" I said, sort of quietly. 

"OLIVE!" Sephora yells. "YOU FINALLY LOGGED ON"

"uh yeah," *I laugh.* "what's up with mizu, whys he being a shithead?" I tease.

"I can hear you dumbass" Mizuku snaps back, laughing.

We play the new call of duty update for hours. Only a few minutes into hour three, there's 3 loud, aggressive slams on my door. I knew who it was, and I hung up the phone out of panic. I didn't want my friends to see the truth. I was really unsure of what I had done, but its common for this to happen to me for an illegitimate reason. very common. although in fear of what was going to happen this time, I walk to the door. 

(Heeey, belliixx here! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Cloud 9! if you are here from my picsArt, then you know i've been working on this for a while but its finally here, yaassss😍✨i hope you enjoy the rest of the series!! Thanks for reading this chapter!!!)