Blue Monday

BLUE MONDAY

BLUE MONDAY.

                    Devon Howard and Fezco O'Neill's relationship was complex to say the least

The two were soulmates: confirmed. Devon was the key that opened his eyes to seek the kindness and light of the grey-cloud covered world, she was the scent of spring in the chilling January nights, the only alcohol or drug he would ever need to keep his blood pumping and his mind racking. He would happily become a drunk if it meant she was his substance, his form of freedom and obnoxious silence.

Devon and Fezco were in-love: also confirmed. They were sickly in-love. The thought of ever being apart sent them to lay on a death bed until the Grim Reaper captured their broken hearts, they'd wreck havoc at the sight of either one of them hurt, physically or mentally. The love that bonded their souls together with invisible golden strings was so pure, so passionate and so strong, it's exactly what tore them apart.

                    Fezco was selfish when it came to love. He'd only ever received platonic love - from his Grandmother Marie, his little brother Ashtray or from his sister-figure Rue, but Devon came before both Ash and Rue, Devon was his first everything. From his first bestfriend to his first make-out, they both lost their virginity to one another and each was their both first love. Fezco's heart belonged to Devon, her name was scribbled in permanent marker across the front, a 'Do Not Touch' added below.

                  Everybody that lived in East Highland had a dream of getting out. Devon Howard happened to be one of those few bodies that managed to escape. She knew she needed to get out before that town, that school, even the people ate her whole. It wasn't forever, but it was for little over a year, and that was enough for her to live up to her dreams.

                  Fezco knew all about her dreams of becoming a professional Figure Skater. The two of them had gotten high one night, when they were only still so young, around fourteen they were. She'd told him about her father, how he was the one who introduced her to figure skating, how she was a natural and it was her only desire in life, the only thing that she could claim her name to in the family. Figure Skating was her thing. Her future career, her entire life was set on this sport - but then again, Cassie too fell in-love with something that wasn't hers.