002. the last show.

oo2,  the last show

oo2, the last show.

both sides of a smile   dave ft james blake

          It was the last competition of the season

          It was the last competition of the season. Devon had been away from home for at least a year and a half, longer than she had once expected but she wasn't complaining. Being away from home wasn't so bad, it was refreshing. She was living her dream. The academy had taken a liking to her determination right way, noticing she was adamant to be competing as soon as possible, Devon was soon out across Europe. Unfortunately, her mother and sister's hadn't been able to come watch her compete across Europe. Tickets were terribly expensive, however, they did try to attend her mini-shows and exhibitions when back in the USA.

It started off with the entire family coming: Suze, Lexi and Cassie. After a month, Cassie wasn't sitting next to Lexi in the crowd and it was just the two of them. Then, only Suze was sat in the crowd. The front row she would sit, proud and passionately she would cheer, clapping and screaming as her daughter preformed in-front of her, watching her daughter live the reality of her dreams. At first, the disappearance of her sisters upset her, but like always, that sadness turned into anger. How could they be so ignorant? Not showing up to their sisters shows, to support her through one of the biggest journeys of her life. Devon was furious, she would never do this to them - she had always supported them, no matter what they did. But no longer she cared, the anger she had polished and now was as sharp as the toe pick at the bottom of her figure skate.

Tonight, July the 18th, was the final night of the season based in England, London. This season was going great, considering it was her first she had won first place in the majority of the competitions and had enough trophies to fill her wall. But it wasn't about the trophies, or the certificates or the heaps of medals, it was the feeling when they announced her name, "Devon Howard, for first place."

"Nick, come on, we can't be lying around. I mean, I'm competing in less than thirty minutes!" Devon stressed, pacing the room.

Nick, who seemed way to chilled for her rambling, laid-back on the sofa with a dopey grin on his freckled face. His slurred words suddenly caught her attention, eyeing him with a suspicious glance. "Devon, chill out, God." Nick sighed.