(Incomplete) Glossary Of Terms And Phrases

Auster = the Commonwealth of Auster, a new nation built from the ruins of Australia. A land of the free and prosperity, with boundless plains to share and great natural beauty. To some people anyway.

Blog = swearword 

Bushranger = Criminal gangs that rob travellers through the Wayless Woods or use the woods as their home base. Hunted by The Wheat Corps, they are the bane of the Wayless Woods; Forest People hate them unless given a good reason not to and their presence is enough to have driven most people out of the Wayless Woods.

Bushwhacked = Decent or not-so-decent people trying to make a life for themselves within the bush, away from the government and cities. Defined by there permanent, often heavily guarded, settlements away from civilisation and sense of commitment to each other. Mostly homeless people, refugees, criminals, cultists or nut jobs. Don't confuse with bushrangers, loners or city folk.

City Folk = anyone that lives in one of the major cities/towns. The archenemy of bushwhacked.

Major City = large towns connected by train lines and where everyone who's not a bushranger, splitter or bushwhacked lives and works. Safer to live in then the bush, but a lot less free and productive.

The Wheat Corps (Wheaties) = a police force created in the wake of The Something That Happened by the government to hunt down super-powered bushrangers and monsters. So named because they were paid in food, usually bread or wheat, instead of money. Known nationwide for there powers and corruption

The Wayless Woods = a massive section of bushland covering most of what used to be Victoria and New South Wales. Named after it's lack of reliable roads and navigation, it's a den for bushrangers, bushwhacked and monsters.