The heist.

This chapter contains smoking and further chapters also will.

It was late and sirens filled the streets of outer banks, something had happened

It was late and sirens filled the streets of outer banks, something had happened. I look out my window and I couldn't see anything but I saw movement in the Cameron's garden, I carefully get a better look and I see Rafe Cameron and his farther ward cameron carrying a body well a body bag but it was clear it was a body, I let out a small gasp. Rafe looks up at my window making clear eyecontact with me, I freeze in the middle of my window and Rafe goes pale and panicked.
"Go away." Rafe mouths to me not in a mean way more in a "to keep you safe" way.

I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night more tossing and turning.

The next day went by fast i bought groceries and boring stuff like that but just as I was coming back from the beach i see Rafe going into his house.
"Rafe!" I shout over and i have to repeat it a couple times but he eventually turns around. He shoots me a confused look and I wave my hand around trying to get him to come over, I honestly looked like a crazy person. Eventually Rafe caves in and walks over actually it was more of a storming over.
"What do you want Brooke." He says angrily.
"Woah what's with the attitude storming Norman." I mock him.
"Sorry it's just im stressed." He sighs.
"With carrying all those dead bodies around." I say bluntly, I couldn't help it it just kinda slipped out...? Rafe was speechless for a minute. "Did you do it Rafe? That's all I want to know, did you kill another person for your farther." I sigh sadly.
"I didn't do it!" He raises his voice a little and I obviously didn't believe him, my face said so. "I promise Brooke I didn't do it."
"I believe you." I smile. "Are you okay?" I ask.
"What-" Rafe says shocked clearly not getting asked that question a lot.
"Are you okay Rafe?" I say sort of worried.
"Uh I'm fine." He says unbelievably.
"Well I'll always be here for you , I mean it." I reassure him, a little sparkle appears in his eyes after I said it. "I mean I'm literally a door away." I laugh trying to lighten the mood as we part ways.

A few days later

I was ahead of my parents because I was meeting them at the country club but I saw Rafe at the bar, clearly drunk. He was bumping into people who were sitting there and they were clearly getting annoyed. The man he bumped into him started talking to him angrily, Rafe clearly wasn't helping himself the way he answered either. The man and rafe pushed eachother but I ran over to stop it.
"Rafe! I'm sorry." I shout at Rafe and apologise to the man while I try and pull Rafe away. Rafe wasn't having it and both the men started shouting at eachother.
"Rafe calm down." I say and look at him. He makes heavy eyecontact with me and he starts to calm down.
"Have a drink with me brooke." Rafe struggles to let out his words.
"No Rafe your already drunk enough." I sigh.

Suddenly Rafe's asshole of a friend comes running over.
"Rafe! I swear to god I just saw John b and your sister, there alive bro." He says shocked.
"I'm trying to relax and you tell me this!" Rafe shouts. I'm in shock and I'm froze Rafe looks at me knowing what I'm going to do.
"Don't you dare Brooke." Rafe says as he looks at me.
"Bye Rafe." I wink and start running, sprinting actually and I cancel on my parents as an "emergency" came up, nothing to serious of course.

The pouges house.

I walked up and saw that they were all partying and I quickly run up to them.
"Hey Brooke?" JJ says confused.
"Brooke!" Sarah shouts and runs up to me and gives me a huge hug.
"I'm so happy you're okay." I sigh as we hug eachother.
"Hey Brooke come and celebrate with us!" JJ shouts.
"Yeah! Cmonnn!" They all cheer.
"Sorry but I need to be a party crashed for this one, Rafe knows both of you are back, I was at the country club waiting for my parents when suddenly his dickhead friend comes running over and snakes you out that you are back, I'm not sure how much time you have till he's here." I shrug. A car pulls up and I quickly turn around. "Apparently we don't have much time." I say worried.
"Cmon, climb into the tree." John b says. We all agree and slowly and quietly do it.
"Brooke you're good at this." JJ whispers.
"Would it help if I said when I was a teenager I was like you." I laughed quietly.
"What!" JJ gasps.
"SH!" John b says at us and we shut up.

We all climb on a tree branch. Rafe comes walking in with a gun and we're right above him we all are worried and panicked. I was more hurt, it hurt me a lot to see what Rafe is becoming, just having to sit there and watch it all. Maybe if we didn't kiss that one night? We could've still been friends and he never would've became this. Maybe if it didn't all go wrong?! I was fixated on what could've done this and how I just had to sit there and watch it all. I realised I had a tear falling down my face and quickly wiped it off. Rafe is angry when he can't find us or anything for that matter.

Rafe starts laughing at the memorial then when Barry says his sisters a "pouge for life" he suddenly changes.
"SHIT!" Rafe shouts so loud the birds flew from the trees. Rafe starts shooting his gun and we all cover ourselves with a tree. I let out a small gasp when JJ nearly gets shot. Barry made rafe leave after, as people would've heard.

> > >

The pouges we're getting ready to "flee" or whatever but I went home and as I was walking down my street I saw a figure in the shadows walking from the other way, when the moonlight hit his face I saw rafe.
"Why are you getting home so late?" He asked all protective.
"I was just at the pouges house." I say angrily, his face instantly drops. "And I had to hide in a fucking tree because you came with a fucking gun! So rafe if you planned to shoot everyone of them would you of shot me if I was there?!" I shout hurt. The moonlight shone of the both of us.
"N-no I wasn't going to shoot anyone!" he says shocked. "I'd never shoot you!"
"Then whyd you bring a gun rafe. Something has happened to you and whatever it is, I don't like it." I tell him and he instantly gets tears in his eyes but I storm off into my house, the giant gate slammed open and I stormed away.

I got in and everyone seemed to be asleep as they wake up extremely early every morning so I quietly made my way to my room and ran over to my desk I was pulling everything out until I eventually saw it my old old old pack of cigarettes I hid when I was about 18, I used to be a heavy smoker and this draw is where I would hide them and I always keep a pack for when I have bad days. I grabbed the box and the lighter that was next to it. I slowly climbed out of my window with the lighter and the box and sat on my roof. I slowly lifted one out of the box and held it in my mouth with my teeth and I lit it. I placed my two figures around it and inhaled it, a sigh of relief came out when I exhaled.