14.

Song: Since it's Women's History Month!

The bright light stings my eyes as I open them slowly then close them

The bright light stings my eyes as I open them slowly then close them. I move my hand, good I still have an arm. I try to sit up, but pain shoots through me. I groan and sit back down. "Oh Honey be careful!" My grandpa comes next to me and grabs water. He reaches it up to my mouth and I take a sip. "Thanks" My voice sounds rough. "How are you feeling honey?" He pushes the hair out of my face. "A little in pain." The doctor comes in with a clipboard. He looks up at me and smiles. He talks to me about my conditions while the nurse is doing some tests.

Everyone comes around my bed while asking how I am? I don't know. I was just in a coma. I wanted to reply with that, but I didn't. He leaves then Noah walks in a minute later.

"Abby!" He looks so happy, but I wanted to ruin that. "Who are you?" His face was priceless. He looked at me like it was the end of the world. "Abby, what do you mean? It's me, Noah!" Noah worries. I couldn't take it anymore. I burst out laughing and everyone else does too. Noah looks confused. "I'm just joking Noah. Come here" I open my arms out for a hug, but he only holds my hand. "You're hurt." I frown, but the door opens and a little girl comes bursting in with a bright smile. Then an older lady holding a Barbie backpack. "Wait, Zoey." The old lady huffs

"Mommy!" The girl runs over to Sophia. Sophia and Austin's eyes both widened. Wait for what!? "Zoey-" She rubs her back. I look between Zoey, Sophia, and Austin. Zoey looks like them. How did I not notice this? "Ugh, Sophia?" I question her. Her eyes widen as she realizes I know.

"I was going to tell you, but this happened and I- I don't know. No one knows and I just wanted to keep it a secret." She studders and itches the back of her hair. "Sophia I was going to say it's fine. I understand." I say. She nods her mouth and says thank you. Before I could speak grandpa speaks up. "Hey sweetie I'm going to go talk to the doctor." He places a kiss on my head and takes Jace's hand. Zoey and her grandma follow after them. They all walkout.

~

Grandpa walks back in with the doctor. It's been a week since I have woken up. I feel a lot better and doing a lot better. Currently, I'm eating yogurt and talking with Noah. He's been here every day after school. He told me he didn't want to go to school but I told him he had to or else.

"So sweetie the doctor is here to talk to you." He smiles. I put the yogurt down and listen to the doctor. "You can go home after your test come back. We are waiting for one blood sample to come back." I nod my head. "How long can that take?" I ask. "About two hours." I nod my head again. "Okay, thanks, doctor!" He smiles then leaves the room.

I look over at Noah and smile while he talks to my grandpa.

~

Noah knocks on my door and walks in. He places a bowl of soup on my nightstand. "Thanks" I smile. He places the food stand on my lap then the soup after. "How are you feeling?" Terrible. "Fine" I smile up at him.  He nods then grabs my desk chair and sits next to the bed. He grabs a spoonful of soup and feeds me. "I can feed myself," I say after swallowing the soup. "I know." He counties feeding me and I chuckle.

"Can we talk?" He places everything on the nightstand and gets in the bed with me. He's been sleeping in the same room with me ever since I got back a week ago. Grandpa is okay with it. I nod at his question. "I don't know how to say this" He fidgets with his fingers. "What happened that night." I look down at my fingers too and fidget with them. "I- I'm not ready to talk about it." He nods his head.

"I have to tell you something." I look up at him. "What's up?" I ask and he sighs. "I'm moving out." All of a sudden I feel sad. I forgot he will leave one day. "But I'm not leaving until you get better Abby." I nod, but I'm still feeling bad.

"Let's go to bed." I nod and lay down, but tonight I'm not facing him. He shuts the lights off then cuddles behind me.