Dear Queen of this kingdom

I am one of your soldiers that fights in this fantasy land full of magic and adventure, but I have no one to write to. No family back home, no wife waiting anywhere, and all my friends are here. So I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but I decided to write to you. My name is Tarth Marion, I am a relatively low soldier. My squad is one that goes out with a higher knight or priest usually. The down side to this is I'm never really a hero. Always guiding or helping people more noble or heroic, or just plain powerful, then me. But the up side is I never go alone. My squad is pretty much family to me and every quest we go on or knight we help is an adventure that we all live and laugh together. It's a nice life, one that I am very grateful to you for. When I was a child my father used to be in the guard and I always though that it would be amazing to work for the crown. Back then my father taught me sword lessons, which my mother normally had to heal me from. She was the apothecary owner, and because of this I learned about herds and a little magic. This is very useful when Forn falls down and skins his knees, or when he falls down and hits his head, or when he... you get the point I'm trying to make. Anyways, this letter has gotten very off track, and I kinda doubt this letter will even get to you, but I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for giving me something to fight for, for giving me something to always stand for, and most of all for being an Amazing Queen. I'll send this when I reach the next town.
         From your loyal soldier
                 Tarth Marion