Chptr.20

**Zara, the next Morning**

"You sure you don't want a ride?" I ask Zayn.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'm going with MG. Go with your boyfriend."

"He's not my-"

"Yeah, he's not your boyfriend I know. Now go." He cuts me off, and I huff in annoyance before opening the front door. I walk out, smiling at the leaves falling off the trees before approaching Kade's car and getting in.

"I think I see you every day." I tell him as I set my bag on the floor.

"Good or Bad?"

"Good. Very good. How do you say that in Spanish?"

"Muy guapo."

"Good job." I smile. "Muy guapo." I repeat, and I notice how he smirks a little before humming in approval. "Dude, you missed our turn." I point to the street he's supposed to turn on. "Oh my god are you gonna kidnap me?" I gasp.

"No."

"Then where are we going? I don-"

"It's Monday. Have you finished your schoolwork for the week?"

Huh?

"I mean, yeah. I did everything assigned in the classroom last night because i was bor- hey you already know this I was texting you."

"Then you don't need to go. I'll call in and get you excused."

Okie

Wait, no.

"Kade." I whine. "Why? And how do you even get me excused? You're not my legal guardian?" I continue to question.

I'm telling you, he has to be a part of the Mafia. He's too mysterious not to, bro.

"Do you wanna go to school instead?" He asks me, and I quickly shake my head. "Okay, then."

Hmmm, okie then. Well, if I get kidnapped and die...

At least it's at the hands of a really pretty person hehehe.

Wow, first day my dad is gone and i'm already ditching school with Kade.

I think Kade is a bad influence.

He looks scrumptious today.

I wanna bite him.

After a few minutes, we pull up to his building and he parks in his regular parking spot. I go to get out, but he doesn't move.

"Uh...whatcha doing?" I ask in confusion.

"I don't feel like working today." He admits, opening his door and getting out.

"I don't feel like going to school." I shrug.

Wait, I'm not.

hehehe

"Let's ditch." I offer him, and he shakes his head slowly.

"I have too much work to handle."

"So....not to be rude or anything because that's like never my intention, but why am I here?"

"Because I want you here."

"Right, Right." I nod, following him inside with my schoolbag. "Uh, well I didn't bring a lunch so I-"

"We'll go to lunch."

"Okie Dokie." I smile. "Well, c'mon then. Lots of work to get done." I throw him a thumbs up, then head inside.