01-01 | ONCE AGAIN, GOLDEN SPOON

CASTELLANOS' WINTER MANSION
Spring 3, 881

-

WARNING!
MENTIONS OF INCIDENT AND 'DXXTH' WORD
Please skip reading if you're discomfortable towards mention of things stated above.

-

I felt like I need to go out, but I was still confused. After I woke up in Alethea's body, all I did was locking myself in a room.

"Shit..."

My state wasn't at its best. Not only this body was weak as a starter, the idiotic previous owner thrown these fragile bones to the freezing cold lake.

The former Alethea visited Laskaris' central mansion that happened to be in the same territory with the Castellanos' winter mansion. She was planning to blame Laskaris household for the incident.

In the manhwa, she recovered after two months and shamelessly demanded a compensation, 'It's an improper thing that Duke Laskaris didn't cast a protection spell on a dangerous place. It's not only your guest that you failed to protect, but also a daughter of Castellanos household.'

The matter was settled with the wicked girl acquiring a gold mine. It was the only gold mine in Laskaris' possession. This soon will lead Laskaris household fell into strings of debt.

Despite of the former Alethea's bitchy attitude, Azeil still saw her as a colleague. But that changed after the death of his mother and brother.

He got a news that his 15 years old brother, Rafael died in a fire accident. Soon as he found out the culprit, he planted a deep hatred on Alethea. A week after his brother's funeral, her mother passed away with miscarriage. Fueling his hatred towards that scum even more.

"W-wh... what a nasty b-bitch." I sobbed, wiping tears from my face.

No matter how much I've read the chapter that showed the death of Rafael and Amina, I still cry. They reminded me of my little brother and mother that died in a helicopter accident.

"I wonder how dad is doing. Can he even defend himself from the assassins?" I mumbled.

The thought of my father, my sidekick-Lee Kyung, and my cat Nao made my mind wander. My fingers were still spinning the ballpoint as my eyes stared blankly at the void. The ballpoint dropped, pulling me back to reality.

Nevermind. We'll be fine without each other. We might be a family, but we were raised to be an individualist. It's a shame to not be able to see dad, but I wasn't sad or anything. I'm sure he felt the same way.

My attention was shifted back to the papers.

"Damn, I'm worthy enough to call myself a big fan of 'King of the Peak' and NYAN-nim!" I exclaimed.

Last night, I pulled an all-nighter to do a recap on how the plot will go. To think that I've noted all the events, along with the important details made me proud.

In my past life, I was born in a strict household of Andong Yeo family. It is believed by many that ancestors of my family were once big figures in Han, resulting their generations to live in glory and wealth. I don't really believe it, might just be a made up rumor to boost Yeo family's popularity.

I grew up, fortunately, in a family that values gender equality highly. That's why I have been trained many stuffs from the young age, because any worthy children or grandchildren can be the heir of Yeo's business empire.