Chapter 4

~Rufus~

"You missed."

My fingers stung from when I shot the arrow.

"I meant to do that," I answered Orga.

I heard a low chuckle, from behind me, but I kept my eyes on the Ice Demon. He was truly stunned on what happened to his bow and arrow. A small smirk crept up onto my face.

"Rufus, Orga.....I'm sure you can handle this right?" A female voice asked.

"You can count on us, Erza," I heard Orga answer.

"Alright. Juvia, Kagura, let's go."

A hand on my shoulder, somewhat relaxed me. The hand was somewhat wet, but I grew to love the wet hands.

"I'll be fine Juvia," I answered her, before she could even ask.

"Juvia is worried about your health...."

I looked behind my shoulder, to see a pale skin young women. She had dark wavy hair, that reached down to her waist. She wore dark blue clothing, and on her arms were dark blue blades.

"I told you already Juvia. I'm fine," I snapped at her.

She sighed and pulled her hand away.

"Let's go."

I heard a soft rustle, before I knew we were alone.

"Four against two....."

I heard a low dark chuckle, from beside me. I looked up to see a very muscular man, with wild green hair. He didn't have a shirt on, but wore pants, that were covered with small daggers.

"What are the better odds?" He asked me.

"Our mission here is to stop these Demons, from stealing Stone-Eyed Evergreen," I answered him.

I reached back into my quiver, and took out another arrow. I loaded it onto the bow, and aimed back onto the Ice Demon, which was still stunned.

"Cover me," I told Orga.

Another chuckle.

"You don't have to tell me twice."

Clash.

I heard metal against metal, as one of the Demons jumped onto the roof. I knew Orga can handle her. Suddenly the Ice Demon looked directly at me.

"Crap he found me!"

I let of the string, which sent the arrow flying straight towards him. A sudden smirk grew on his face, as he swung his arm out in front of him. He caught the arrow, and the arrow instantly froze. I cursed underneath my breath, as I grabbed another arrow.

"Rufus behind you!"

I whipped around, barely missing the black hair Demon. I shot the arrow quickly, and it landed squarely in her shoulder. I placed the bow beside the quiver of arrows. I quickly grabbed the handle of my sword, that was directly on the left of the quiver of arrows. I swung it over my head. It was about to hit the Demon, but a black hole appeared before her head.

"What the?!"

I couldn't stop the swing, as the hole swallowed up the sword. My arm was half way through the hole, before I quickly let go of the sword. I pulled arm away from the hole. As soon as I did, the hole closed. The smirk on the Demon suddenly grew.

"I got you now, Assassin."

The hole reappeared in front of her hand. The sword suddenly came out of it, and the Demon grasped it with her hand. I glared at her and jumped back. I quickly grabbed my bow and grabbed another arrow. I placed it in my bow string and aimed it directly at her. We both stood there facing each other.

"I've heard a lot about you....You are the Demon Assassin Rufus Lore," She told me, her sword blade facing me.

"And you're the Demon God, Minerva," I answered her. "You open portals from your land, to open other in different dimensions. Your people called this God Magic, since it seems almost impossible to do so."

I raised my arrow up slightly, so it aimed her head directly. She chuckled darkly.

"And you're the sniper of the group you work with."

:"You sure have done your research, considering this is the first time we met."

"And this will be the last."

She suddenly lunged forward. I knew it was going to happen. I released the arrow straight at her. To my surprise, however, she stopped and placed the sword directly in front of the arrow. The sword pierced it like it was nothing. My eyes winded as the two halves of the arrow, landed beside her. She smirked and lunged at me again. I flinched slghtly, as I reached up to grab another arrow.

"It's pointless! There's no way I can load it in time! Is this......The end?"

Suddenly the Demon shrieked in pain. She dropped the sword and fell to her knees.That's when I saw it. A deep cut was on her back, and it was oozing out black blood.

"Black blood?" I thought.

"Rufus are you alright?!"

I looked up to see Orga deflect another attack, back at the blue haired Demon.

"Yeah thanks!" I answered him.

"Hurry up and finish her off!" He yelled at me.

"R-Right!"

I griped the arrow tightly and hooked it into my bow. I aimed at Minerva. She glared up at me.

"Minerva get out of here!"

Suddenly my bow began to feel cold. I quickly dropped it, as it turned to solid ice.

"But Gray-

"Go!"

The Ice Demon shot an ice arrow straight at me. I jumped to the right, barely missing it. That's when I realized it was a distraction. I looked back at the other Demon, just as she opened up another hole. She slowly started floating down into it. I quickly stood up and started running over to her.

"No you don't!"

The Ice Demon leaped in front of me, holding two ice swords. Suddenly he fell over, the blue haired Demon on his back.

"I owe you!" I yelled at Orga, as I grabbed my sword.

"Just hurry up and go after her! I'll meet you back at HQ!" He yelled.

I nodded and ran over to the God Demon. Her hole was barely opened. But I knew I could fit it. And before I could brace myself, I jumped into the hole.