This Is Why Self Ties Exist!

The bedroom door closed behind me as I stepped into my room, one thing on my mind after a stressful day. No, get your mind out of the gutter! ...Okay, maybe not all the way out. I pulled the box out from under my bed, digging through the colourful ropes before settling on a navy blue length. I contemplated the site pulled up on my laptop for a moment, before deciding on a tie I hadn't tried before. It wasn't labeled as a solo tie but it looked simple enough.

After watching the video a couple times and reading through the instructions, I started the tie, which was a basic leg futomomo modified to tie one wrist into it.

With my leg bent, I began wrapping the rope up towards my knee. The pressure of the rope on my skin calmed my nerves. I finished the leg portion of the bondage and moved on to working in my wrist. Once I finished the tie I realized my mistake.

I had thoughtlessly started on my right side, meaning my dominant hand was now trapped. I tried to wiggle my way out but I had tied myself to my comfort level, far too tight to escape. As I struggled with the knots with my bad hand, silent footsteps approached my door.

By the time I registered there was someone in my house, the knob was already turning.

"Y/N? Are you.." My best friend started, poking his purple head in the door. Our eyes widened in sync, his in shock and mine in embarrassment. A moment passed.

"...um," I looked away, blushing aggressively. "I'm kinda stuck, I tied up my good hand so I can't get out. Help me, please?" Thank god I had kept my shorts on, at least.

Shinsou stared for another second before blinking and nodding, making his way to sit beside me. His hands hovered over the crossed ropes, clearly not knowing where to start.

"Okay look, if you start with this knot here..." I guided him backwards through the process as best I could. Soon he was unwrapping the first layer of rope from my leg, both of us ignoring the fact that I only really needed help until my hand was free.

Spooling up the rope was a quick chore, dealt with as soon as I was untied. Shinsou excused himself to the bathroom. I tucked the length neatly back into the box, which was returned to its place under my bed.

Shinsou came back like nothing had happened, and part of me was grateful. I didn't need any more stress. Apparently he had come over to see if I wanted to drive around, so we left to do just that.

^*^

Driving with Shinsou was always fun. The two of us were the type to enjoy driving just for the sake of driving, blasting music and picking random locations as we pleased. The mildly tense air between us dissipated as soon as we got into his car, fighting over the AUX cord with ferocity. Who got it truly didn't matter, we had fairly similar music tastes. It was just the principle of being in control.

I won in the end, and the car backed out of the parking lot to the sound of Pantera. As Message In Blood came to an end, Shinsou turned the volume down slightly. I tensed up, waiting for his words.

"So uhh, what were you doing back there? It was pretty, whatever it was, not like I'm judging you!"

I avoided eye contact, starting with, "It's called shibari, it's japanese rope bondage. It's like an art form." He didn't speak up, so I continued. "I was trying out a new tie, it's meant to be tied on someone else though, hence me getting stuck," I blushed. "Usually I just do self ties but there's only so many." I finished with an awkward laugh.

"Why do you do it? Just 'cause it's cute? Most people don't practice bondage alone." Shinsou looked at me out of the corner of his eye.

"Partially, it's also a stress reliever. It puts pressure on nerves that aren't usually stimulated so it produces a calming effect on some people. Even alone it's pleasant," I explained. It was quiet for a moment, 18 by Anabor preventing total silence.

Then,

"Care for help with that?"

+-+-+

driving just for the sake of driving? in this economy?? better be some rich mfs lmaoo