Part 1

At the crack of dawn one would assume the Great Demon Kingdom was at peace. The kingdom had been quiet throughout the night and life started to show itself once the first light reached over the rooftops. People of Shin Makoku came out of their houses or opened windows to breathe in that crispy fresh air, children already started running around playing with each other, waiting for breakfast to be ready.

In the castle the peace had been interrupted before dawn had even come as soldiers made their way around the area preparing for the day's quest.

Yuuri woke up to the rays of morning shining on his face, it wasn't a particularly bad way of starting the day but anyone would be uncomfortable having light shine through their eyelids in order to wake up. He slowly sat up in the bed, raising both arms in the air to stretch them out before glancing at the lump next to him. Golden hair was sticking out from under the sheets, it looked like Wolfram had once again made it into Yuuri's bed in the middle of the night without him noticing. A knock was heard from behind the door and Yuuri shifted his attention from the prince lying next to him to the familiar face entering the room.

"Conrad! Good Morning!" Yuuri happily said as the man dressed in military green walked closer to the bed.

"Ah good morning your Majesty, I see you've already woken up. Are you ready for today's journey?" Conrad smiled while raising his head slightly to better make out the figure lying next to the king.

"I presume Wolfram rested in your room again" He added with a quiet chuckle.

"Uh come on, call me Yuuri. You are the one who named me, there's no need for those formalities." Yuuri uttered as he always did when his godfather used anything but his name to address him.

"Yes, of course. Let's eat some breakfast before we leave, Yuuri"

Breakfast didn't take long to finish and Yuuri had run off somewhere the second he swallowed his last piece of bread. This led to Wolfram being tasked with finding the king as they were about to leave soon. The blond prince's emerald eyes scouted everywhere while on the lookout for a double-black maoh, it wasn't until he made it to the closed door of Yuuri's bedroom that he could hear the faint sound of his beloved's voice.

It was a bit difficult to make out the sentences but Wolfram could already tell that Yuuri wasn't alone in there. He moved closer to the door, right before he was going to open could he hear something that caught his interest and made him linger outside for just a little longer. It was Yuuri's voice and someone else's.

"Oh come on Gwendal! Can't you just put it in this once? Please? I don't have that much time, I'm begging you"

Huh? Why is Yuuri with Gwendal? Wolfram thought, he wanted to just barge in there but the conversation had gotten the better of his curiosity and he chose to eavesdrop a bit more.

"No. It is too big to fit. I don't want to leave marks." Wolfram could tell that harsh voice belonged to his older brother but what are they talking about? Too big? Leaving marks?

"Oh come on! It won't be in there for long" A sigh was heard.

"Fine. But next time make sure there is enough space for it to fit properly"

"Yes, of course, I promise"

Wolfram wasn't sure where this conversation was headed but it sure made his blood boil with jealousy, to him it sounded like Gwendal was trying to steal his precious fiance. This brought back unpleasant memories of the time when they had been in the city of Svelera, where Yuuri and Gwendal had been thought of as elopers.

Wolfram had chosen to let it go since it did appear to just be a misunderstanding but some doubt about his older brother's intentions with the king had been engraved within him whether he liked it or not. Wolfram knew after all that the lord Voltaire can't resist adorable things and Yuuri was probably the cutest person in all of Shin Makoku.