Favorite body

(#Celltober2021 | artworks by saineko08, stories by Moriko_)

1 | Favorite body

Cells at Work! BLACK

Even if the world would fall apart, she would be his lifeline.
From their first meeting, AA2153 had known that that beautiful leucocyte had turned his existence upside down. Not only because she was beautiful, perhaps the most beautiful of all the people he had met, but more importantly because from the very first glance she had given him a sense of security and confidence.
From the very first seconds he had been certain: he could trust her, no matter what would happen in that cursed world that had little chance of surviving for long time.
The young red blood cell didn't know how or even why, but his heart had begun to beat faster in the presence of that leukocyte.
And it was his heart to had whispered to him to follow her and never let her out of his sight again, because by her side he would overcome any difficulty.

He had been the first to see her not only as a white blood cell, a ruthless warrior ready to kill. That red blood cell's eyes weren't filled with physical desire, but they burned with a strange feeling that she couldn't figure out at first.
U-1196 understood it only some time later. AA2153's eyes were full of compassion and affection, always managing to look into her troubled soul. She had understood it during that ferocious attack of gonococci, when he had screamed that the pus was proof of the struggle of white blood cells, which had sacrificed themselves for the salvation of other cells.
Over time, that red blood cell had given her so much confidence and courage and, little by little, he too had become braver and wiser.
Perhaps without realizing it, AA2153 was teaching her just what she needed to hear from a cell other than herself: that only through the cooperation of cells the world could move forward.

Despite the difficulties they were going through, U-1196 was certain of one thing. She could have lived through even the bleakest of days... but her partner's determination and dedication to his work would have been enough to lighten the weight she carried on her shoulders every day because of her role.

«Good morning, Miss White Blood Cell!»
«Good morning to you, Red Blood Cell!»