Chapter 65

*FLASHBACK*

General POV

A woman sat with two children in her arms, a boy and a girl. The woman had long, dark hair and very much resembled the little girl on her lap.

The boy, however, had blond hair and icy blue eyes.

'Mommy, mommy! Why do I have have the sit with Claude? You're not his mommy!' The little girl cried.

'Sweetie,' the woman's voice was soft 'Claude loves me as much as you do and today's Claude's birthday. He's seven now! And he's getting so big I won't be able to hold him anymore!'

'Yeah,' Claude added, looking smugly at the girl.

'Fine!' The girl yelled 'I'm going because you love Claude more than me, mommy!' She got off the woman's lap and ran out the room.

'Raven, wait!' The woman called. She sighed.

'It wasn't my fault,' Claude said, still on the woman's lap.

'I know, dear,' she said, her hand ruffles the boy's hair. 'You know, I love Raven so much, I really do. And I know you like her as well, even if you won't admit it.'

He goes red 'I don't!' And then looks her in the eye 'Maybe I do...'

She laughs 'I know you do.' She suddenly stops laughing and holds the boy's face.

'Listen Claude, I need you to make me a promise, can you do that, sweetie?'

He nods.

'I'm not going to be here for very long-'

'Where will you go?' He interrupted.

'I don't know, dear,' she continues 'Raven is small, she's helpless. She needs someone to protect her when I'm gone. Can you protect her, Claude?'

'Me? I can't-'

'I know you can. Can you promise me that?'

'OK,' the boy agrees 'I promise.'

'Promise to stay by her side?'

'I promise,'

He gets up. The woman holds his hand. 'She needs you, Claude,'

*FLASHBACK END*

Raven's POV

I tried escaping from Dillan, who was getting too handsie for my liking.

Francis wasn't doing anything; he wasn't even paying attention. He was too engrossed in his phone.

Then I remember; I can use my demon powers to defend myself just like how I killed Allen.

But I won't kill Dillan. I'll just attack and escape.

I use all my strength to push him off me and successfully, he falls on the floor.

Francis doesn't even notice me leaving the room.

I run into the room Claude's in and see the man kicking a body aside. My eyes widen when I realize that the body is Claude.

'Claude!' I scream, running to him, not caring if Sam's gonna kill me too.

I crouch down in the pool of blood surrounding him. He squints.

He's not dead!!

Claude's POV

Raven.

She kneels down and holds my face. Her eyes were pitch black holes.

I reach out to her face but my arm doesn't go that far; it hurts. It hurts.

She guides my hand to her cheek.

I feel her tears fall on my skin.

'Please, Claude,' she whispers 'Don't die,'

'I'm not gonna die,' I say, my throat feels dry.

'Yes you are! Look at you!!' She cried, her head falling on my chest 'You're gonna die and leave me just like they did! You promised you won't ever leave me...'

'Man, this is like me getting shot in the leg all over again,' I try to tease to cheer her up 'I'm not gonna die, I swear,'

'I love you, Claude...' She whimpers

'I know,' I say, a bit of blood escapes my mouth 'I love you too,'

She starts sobbing loudly and even I can't control her. I hoist myself up a bit even though it shirts when I do, an arm wrapping around her 'Stop crying,' I tell her, wiping her tears with my other hand 'Shit, I messed your eyeliner.'

She starts to laugh weakly, still crying though, but at least she's smiling.

I hear footsteps behind us and turn my head to see it's Dillan, Sam and Francis.

Dillan looks beat up and I'm guessing Raven did it.

'Finish them off,' I whisper to her.

'Kill them?' I nod 'With pleasure,' she gives me a grin, then gets up.

I sit up straight, glaring at them 'You mess with a Helston,' I say, my voice loud so it echoes through the large room 'This is what you get.'

Raven's eyes turn solid black and she attacks.

(A/N I need to tell you guys that this book is nearly coming to an end and I just can't believe it's nearly finished. Also just saying that I do not own the song Not Gonna Die by Skillet and just used this song coz it fit in with this chapter of the book. And I know I used a Skillet song before in a chapter but I don't know I just love that band.