From Opposite Sides

At first its dark but then the blurred color of orange enters the frame and as it gets clearer a person stands in front of the blurred flames and now flashing red and blue lights flashing and crowds of people stood behind her yelling, but their voices were silent.

A woman wearing an open leather jacket with a black shirt underneath, she pulled her hand up and pulled down a face mask covering her face. Her face was expressionless but then a small warm smile slowly spread across her face.

In front of her a riot officer stood with his hands atop his shield, a gas mask with dark visor covered his face, his riot helmet visor was lifted with the flames and flashing lights reflecting off the visor.

Even though his face was hidden as he stared at the woman a small warm smile of his own spread across his face.

As a nation crumbles and it experiences the worst disaster in its history making all hope seem lost, a spark between two opposites will be the spotlight of hope and love

A/N: this story is something I just thought of basically the premise of the story is a protester and a riot officer experience at love at first sight during the collapse of the United States and now it's their mission to escape to Canada to escape the collapsing nation.