Chapter 8: Exhausted

We got to the driving center. We started looking for vehicles. Me and Cam started hot wiring a couple vehicles.

"This has half a tank." I yelled.

"This has a full tank." Cam yelled back.

"Split up." I said. Yoongi, Jin, Hoseok, and Jungkook rode with me. I started driving.

"Are you sure that you're okay?" Jin asked. He was sitting next to me.

"Yes." I said. I gripped the wheel. We went over the bridge.

"Eve, why do you keep sacrificing yourself?" Jungkook questioned.

"Because my new mission is to get you guys to safety. I don't have a life to live. Hopefully there is a cure for all this and we can go back to our old lives." I said. I felt nauseous after a while of driving and I pulled into a hotel. I turned off the car. My brother pulled next to me and we got out. I paused to listen.

"There are a few in the hotel." I said. They hummed.

"We'll rest for the night." Cam said. I went in first. I took out my sword. I slowly walked towards the stairs. We got to the 5th floor.

"This floor is safe. We'll take a suite room." I said. We got out and I put the card that goes to it in. I opened the door and slowly went in. I checked everyone.

"Come in." I said. They came in and closed the door.

 They came in and closed the door

I closed all the curtains. I turned on one of the lights.

"You guys sleep. I'll keep watch." I said. I sat in the chair facing the window. I can sense they want to say something.

"I'll be fine oppas. Go to sleep." I said while peeking out the window. They sighed. I took out my binoculars. I seen a group of people heading towards Seoul. I sighed. I was up for a while when I heard a baby crying lightly. I looked towards the door. I looked on the couch to see Yoongi sleeping and Tae in a ball. I smiled. I slowly opened the door and left down the hall to the sound. I stopped at a door and seen it a little open. I seen a zombie at the end of the hall and it started coming here. I got pushed in and someone put their hand on my mouth and my back was against them and the door closed. My heart was racing.

"Shh it's just me." Yoongi said. He let go of me. I looked at him.

"I thought you were asleep." I said.

"I heard the door open and knew it was you." He said. I looked in the rooms to seen no one. I looked on the couch to see the baby. I looked and it was a girl. I picked her up and slowly rocked her. She calmed down and looked at me.

"Hi sweetie." I said softly.

"Yoongi, can you see if there is any baby food or formula?" I asked. He nodded.

"Here is a bag. It has everything." He said. I grabbed it and slowly opened the door. I peeked out to see the zombie. I grabbed my knife and held the baby close. I kicked the back of his leg then stabbed him in the head. We left back to the room. I sat in the chair with her.

"I wonder what your name is." I said softly.

"Her name is Hajoon." Yoongi said. I hummed.

"Hi miss Hajoon. Aren't you just the cutest?" I said. She smiled. Yoongi went back to sleep. I stayed up until the baby fell asleep. I slowly fell asleep.

*BTS POV- in the morning*

We all woke up and went to see Eve asleep with a....BABY?!?!?!

"Eve wake up. Where did you find a baby?" Jin woke her up.

"In one of the hotel rooms. I heard crying. I went to find it and Yoongi found me snooping around. Her name is Hajoon." She said sleepily. The baby started crying and Eve slowly rocked her and she calmed down.

"I bet you're hungry." Eve went to the bag and got some formula together and started shaking it. She started feeding the baby. The baby finished her food.

"I seen a group of people heading towards Seoul." They nodded. I felt weird. I got up and wobbled. Someone held onto me.

"I-im fine." I said.

"No you're not. You have a fever. You look absolutely pale. Take your shirt off." Tae took the kid out of my hand. I felt nauseous. I fell on my knees and threw up blood. Someone picked me up bridal style and put my on the bed. The ripped my shirt off.

"I think her body is trying to fight off the virus." Cam said checking my wound. He cleaned all the blood off. My eyes were slowly closing.

"Tie me up please. Idk if I'll fully turn. I don't want to kill you guys." I said. I felt my eyes be weird.

"Shit." Cam tied me up quick.

"I'm hungry. I smell someone. They're bleeding and it smells amazing." They all checked themselves.

"No one is bleeding." They said.

"There are 2 people here on floor 4 in the stairs." I untied myself. I ran through them and ran after the people.

"Oh you're a survivor. Oh thank God. Can you help me and my wife?" He asked. I nodded. I went up to the guy and bit into his neck. He fell down and I attacked the wife. Someone pulled me off and when I came to my senses, I froze. Jimin stabbed both of them in the head. I turned around. Cam, Yoongi, Jimin, and Jungkook were staring at me shocked.

"I-I killed them. I didn't want to bite anyone or feed." I said softly. Cam dragged me to the room. They all looked at me and there was shock written all over their face.

"I-I'm sorry but I can't be with you guys. I'm dangerous to this group." I said.

"No." Joon hugged me. They all hugged me.

"You have no choice but to stay."