Chapter 36 - The final straw

"No Ashwin please, I don't want to" Sivaangi whined leaning against his shoulder.

"Please da ma, purinjiko, he is leaving to Boston next week and won't be back for a month, and we are leaving to Bali in two days and won't be back for a week, so if not now then we need to wait for more than a month and he feels leaving such a huge gap between sessions is not advisable" Ashwin replied while rubbing her shoulder convincingly.

"What is the guarantee that I will remember everything in this session? apporam anyways we have to wait for one more month right" she argued.

"Well, he says he is going to try something new this time and confident that he can make you remember everything, we can only trust ma, we won't know what will happen unless we try it" he too argued back relentlessly.

"What if I don't want to know what happened? I am happy where we are now Ashwin and I don't want anything that happened in my past to interfere our life now please" she said with tear filled eyes.

He turned her completely to face him.

"As a husband it is tempting, but as medical professional I know that it will always be a knife hanging over our head waiting to fall anytime, do you really want to find things the hard way, trust me, you are going to, as the process of healing had already started the moment you agreed for the treatment, so it is just a matter of time that it is all going to come back and I prefer it happens in a controlled environment rather out of the blue creating more confusions" he replied looking into her eyes stubbornly.

"But what if you end up hating me after hearing the whole truth?  I mean it should be something bad right for me to forget and not wanting to remember it, what if it is something worst that you will not want to even look at my face again, venaam Ashwinetta please" she pleaded with the same stubbornness, trying to convince him  with his favorite phrase

The word did do its magic that his face changed almost like he was getting ready to fall for the trap but the distraction was just for a second, he shook his head and cleared it. He moved closer to her and took her face in his palms.

"Not wanting to look at your face ah? unakku enga irundhu idhellaam thonudhu? unnala mattum dhaan ippadi ellaam yosikka mudiyum theriyuma, ippo I give you a promise, regardless of what happens during the session, it will not have any impact on me and even if it has some impact on you, I will make sure to fight for both of us and make sure it will not affect our marriage, podhuma? " he asked hitting her forehead with his.

She stayed in the same position, eyes closed for sometime, then let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Okay Ashwin I trust you, but Bali mattum edhavadhu aachuuu.... mavane, kola panniduven" she said snuggling into his arms.

"Ha ha ha, onnum aagadhu trust me " he said tightening his grip around her.

-------------------------------------

"Where is Tarika? " Sivaangi asked looking around the therapy room.

"Since it is last minute, she was not able to get away from her professional commitments, she said she will come to the house in the evening" Ashwin replied looking at his mobile.

"Oh, okay" she replied little disappointed.

"Hey, naan irukken ma, don't worry, and she will come as soon as she can ok va? and I do have night duty today, so you guys can have a complete girl's night. " he said with a warm and convincing smile

"Hmm.. okay" she replied without any of her usual excitement.

"So, who is ready to unlock some memories today? " the doctor came in very much excited.