-CHAPTER FIVE: Evenfall Arena-

Mayday sank her incisors into the juicy burger. The flavor of the perfectly char broiled patty and the tangy pickles cascaded over her taste buds like a harbor wave.

"Mmmm! These burgers hit the best after an exhausting hunt!" Mayday said with a mouthful of food. Zuke averted his gaze from Mayday. He disliked the sight of chewed up food in a person's mouth while they were talking. He was close to loosing his appetite because of it.

"Mm-they sure do." Zuke replied, slightly grossed out.

Just then, Mayday felt something heavy hit her shoulder. She turned around and met face to face with Tatiana.

"Oh!"

"Sorry for the interruption, hunters. I've been looking for you two a while. After your  lunch, could you kids report back to the tower?"

"Em, sure!"

"Good. I'll be waiting." Tatiana nodded and walked away, letting the hunters eat their lunch in peace.

A large woman sauntered to BBJ unannounced, startling the hunters.

"Oh, Bunk Bed Junction! The fight was amazing!" Mayday knew that voice at once. It was Auntie. BBJ greeted her with smiles.

"Thanks, Auntie!" The woman bowed, showing her gratitude to the hunters.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BBJ quit Falk's Burger and headed straight for NSR Tower.

They saw Kliff typing something onto his tablet. He was either writing down information, an email, or was researching a monster.

"Ewah lah! Coming at ya!"

It was DK West, attempting to call for Kliff's attention. The man in the hub snapped up. With the flick of a wrist, West flung each sheet of paper at Kliff with ninja speed—Kliff not missing a single one. The scene gave Mayday paper cuts just by witnessing it.

Kliff organized the sheets of paper and set them aside for now. He'd most likely archive or display them behind him.

"Kliff?" Mayday immediately grabbed Kliff's attention. "Oh! You kids have returned! Where have you been lately?"

"We just had lunch not too long ago."

"Ah, that's why." Kliff said. "Anyway, Elder Tatiana told me she has an appointment with you two."

"Oh, right."

"Well, you kids better get going. Wouldn't want her to keep waiting!"

"Okay, Kliff! Cya!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mayday and Zuke leaned against the interior of the elevator. As they were silently waiting, they noticed blimp fly far across from them. A monitor with Tatiana's face greeted the citizens of the village:

"People of Vinyl Village, this is Elder Tatiana. Earlier today, you all might've seen the newest additions to our NSR Guild take down their first monster. It was a surprisingly gruesome fight for some newbies, to be sure. The strategy they used was interesting—take out the small Izuchi and come after the big one? I don't think any of my hunters ever thought of using that strategy. For the most part, they typically go for the shins, which is also a valid and effective technique. Anyway, next time you see them, make sure to give them a praise for their stoic bravery and guts—no pun intended. Thank you, and have a pleasant afternoon."

BBJ watched Tatiana's face on the monitor as she announced. They both smiled at Tatiana's praise. "Zuke! Did ya hear what she said? We were awesome!"

"Yeah, and all the villagers will all come flocking to us."

The elevator door opened. BBJ was now inside the office. Tatiana gazed outside the windows.

"Elder Tatiana," Mayday said.