Chapter 8 - Rumi & Chill

Kehlani's pov

I woke up to Ariana laying next to me still asleep and the smell of weed still very adamant in the room. I checked the time to see that it was 11am. I stood up and stretched before going downstairs to the kitchen and making some pancakes while listening to 21 Savage. I was rapping along to bank account while flipping one of the pancakes when i hear Ariana rap "I got 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 M's in my bank account" i look over to the side and see her walking over to me. "Goodmorning" she said, sitting down at the island bench in front of me "goodmorning" i responded while carefully placing the last pancake on my plate. I paused the music and sat down next to her, we started eating in silence "this is so good, thank you." Ariana said, "no problem, any plans for today? i asked, refilling her empty cup with more water "I'm going to my group today" she says "what group?" i ask, eating my last pancake. "Rumi, i told you about it last night." She tells me before picking both of our plates up and putting them in the sink. "Am I going with you?" I ask "yup" she answers happily.

We walk upstairs to get ready and i lend Ariana some of my clothes. "We look so cute" she says while we posed in the mirror. Ariana was wearing a green Cactus Plant Flea Market 'Earth First' zip up hoodie with a pair of Forrest green Nike dunks and i was wearing a blue Pure Palace Avirex jacket over a white wife beater with a pair of baggy blue chrome hearts jeans and a pair of blue university high top Jordan 1s. "For sure" i said, Ariana grabbed my keys from my bedside table and we walked downstairs and got into my Ferrari.

We drove to the Rumi group, who i was very eager to meet while listening to Sundress by A$AP Rocky, we turned the song up and started singing along to the lyrics "I guess you fell into the wrong hands, yeah, OOH-OOH-OOH-OOH-OOH" I yelled out and we both burst into laughter. She parked the car on the side of the street, in front of a small, old looking house. "We're here! are you excited?" She asked before kissing me on the cheek "of course i am, I'm so excited to meet the people that you hang out with." I said, then checked the front mirror and seeing the lipstick stain on my cheek.

I got out of the car and walked over to her side, opening the door for her. "you're the cutest" she said with a smile. She took my hand and led me through the small house and into the backyard where there was a circle of people making small talk "Ariana!" one of the people sitting in the circle said happily. "Steve, it's so good to see you!" She let go of my hand and ran over to Steve, giving him a hug. "Guys this is Kehlani, Kehlani meet Steve, Tyler, Dani, Solana, Billie, Harry and Jean." She said, pointing to each one as she said their name. They all said hi to me one by one and me and Ariana took our seats. "Ariana and Kehlani came right on time because we're about to start our writing and sharing task." Steve said and handed everyone a note pad and pen "How do we do this?" i asked "we all spend 10 minutes writing about what's happened since we've last been here or just any new experiences or feelings we've had recently and then we read it out to everyone." I nodded my head after he explained what to do.

He started a 10 minute timer and everyone started writing. I started writing about whatever came to my mind until the 10 minutes was up. We all started sharing our stories. We all sat and listened as Bille shared her story about how she had been kicked out of her home and now had nowhere to live. "You can live with me, I have an extra room." Harry said "really?" Billie said, tearfully. "Ofcourse" Harry said, i sat and smiled at the wholesome interaction between the two. "Kehlani, would you like to share what you wrote?" Steve asked "Sure, i write a lot by myself but I've never done it in a situation like this so I'm sorry if it's not right." I say "There's no wrong way of doing this man" Steve reassured me.

"Okay, I started hanging out with Ariana not too long ago and since then I've enjoyed every second of my life. I realised that, the quiter i become, the more i can hear. Ariana could say the most boring thing ever but I would still be so intrigued because it's her. This is the first time in my life where I've surrendered to my feelings instead of trying to fight them. It feels heavenly to let go and surrender yourself in the moment. Right now, I'm learning that it's important to take every experience, good and bad as merely steps on the path and just keep going. I was talking to my friend, Frank awhile ago and he said the most incredible that I had ever heard it was, as soon as you give it all up , you can have it all. as long as you want power, you can't have it. The minute you don't want power, you'll have more than you ever dreamed possible. and I'm really feeling that now, I'm not looking for anything I'm just enjoying my life." I looked up after I finished reading my letter out and the other people in the group gave a round of applause. I look over to my left and saw Ariana smiling at me, "that was good Lani!" she said happily before taking my hand in hers. "That was beautiful Kehlani, thank you for sharing that. I think we only have one more person left to read their letter out, Ariana." Steve said. Ariana looked down at her notebook then back up the group, "I'm not gonna lie, mine is really short because i was looking at Kehlani for half the time." She smiled and i blushed as the rest of the group laughed. "I've never felt happier in my life. I hope these feeling never go away. I feel appreciated just for existing and I'm never letting anyone or anything take Kehlani out of my life. That's it!" She said with a big toothy grin on her face the whole time.