Prologue

"For reasons of murder and treason. We hereby banish you to the ocean!"

The court went silent as the coven's leader took the silver pole with gloved hands.

"Dad, please." the young child begged. "Please dad, it wasn't me!"

"Shut up child!" The coven's leader roared, "I am not your father! You KILLED your mother!"

"It wasn't me; I didn't kill her!" The child sobbed.

The child's father pressed the silver rod against the small child's pale skin. The child's skin started to burn as the elder pushed him to the edge of the cliff.

"You will forever rot in the abyss of the ocean. If you are seen on land, you will be killed at once." The leader roared

The coven started chanting as the child got closer to the edge of the cliff face.

The child's pleas echoed through the air. The coven's leader looked at the child with such malice the cliff seemed to shake.

"I swear. I DIDN'T DO IT!" the child's hoarse voice screamed. The coven's leader responded with a cold hard stare that sent shivers down the child's spine.

"Why would I kill mama! WHY would I KILL Mama! WHY WOULD I KILL MAMA!" The young child's voice getting weaker with every plea, tears streamed down his face. He tried to kneel, but his whole body convulsed with every sob. The silver burns seemed to be barely anything compared to the hatred that rolled off the figure he once called father.

Time seemed to slow as the sun started to rise, the coven started to retreat into the shadows. Still watching with glee as the child screamed for mercy.

With a final push. The child fell. Time stopped. The child's horrified face, contort in pain. Frozen. The coven's leader stood with a spiteful grin. Pole still in hand. In the shadows. The coven grinned.

A scene of despair and agony.

Tears and hatred.

Terrified and cold.

A tragic scene that would change how the coven saw the ocean. Never again would the children play on the beach. No longer would the ocean seem a tranquil place of never be.

The ocean was an abyss of punishment, eternal pain, and enmity. Tainted by the harsh words and torture of what was a family.

372 words

Hiiii, I'm writing this as my Camp NaNoWriMo April Challenge.  My goal is to write a novel in a month, then in May I'm going to edit it.

- Solace