Chapter 2 - Gloria

Gloria woke up to the sound of crashing waves. She wished she didn't have to get up so early, but she was excited to go skydiving. Finally, she could do the thing she had been waiting for, and soon she would be able to live happily with her family.

The truth was she wanted to home and pursue her goal to become an actor, but first she had to stay with her friend Antonia and her parents before she could go home, and she wanted to get this done. Gloria thought of Antonia's parents as her own, even more so than Antonia thought of them as her parents. She thought of them as her parents so much she barely ever slept at her own home and rarely ever talked to her parents.

Gloria never really liked Antonia, but she tolerated her. Antonia came from a rich background and even if she wasn't popular, she could still be popular. She didn't show any liking to Antonia.

Today, she couldn't wear her signature pink dress or skirt and shirt, because they were going skydiving for Antonia's birthday. Gloria mental cringed at the idea that the expensive trip was just for her friend's birthday. She had to wear shorts and a long sleeve shirt.

***

Breakfast was served at a beach themed breakfast bar near the resort. Gloria ordered waffles with cream and strawberries, and a caramel latte. Antonia got mini pancakes with maple syrup and blueberries, and an ice plum tea.

The parents talked about their work and the tour of the native village on the north part of the island they had booked before going skydiving the next day.

The two parents got a few parcels out and handed them to Antonia. The group said a few happy birthdays and then paid for the food and left. Gloria almost laughed at their parents not caring enough about their daughter's birthday to let her open her presents when she got given them. Let alone wrap them properly.

***

The family went home to quickly grab any other things they may need. Gloria ran into her room grabbing her small, fluffy, grey bag from her bed. As she put her joggers on, she smirked to herself about what she was about to do.

Once she had all her things together, she made her way to the kitchen where the rest of the family was waiting.

"There you are Gloria" Ants mother, Ellis said warmly.

"Alright," Antonia's father, Frazer said, "it's time to go"

The sound of three pairs of shoes hitting tile stairs echoed through the building as the group travelled down the stairs. Closely followed by the dull thud of bare feet slapping the tiles.

Gloria looked back to see where Antonia was,

"Antonia?" Gloria the questioning in her voice was evident and almost judging, "where are your shoes?"

Antonia just held up her shoes and sock in her hand, and simply shrugged.

Of course, Antonia hadn't had time to put her shoes on, that girl doesn't care about anything, thought Gloria as she graciously walked down the stairs to catch up with the parents.

***

The car ride was silent, the sound of softly crashing waves and the loud bird calls were the only sounds that filled the empty air. No one looked at each other.

Gloria watched the white sands turn into lush green grass and roads, wishing that the car trip to the place wasn't so long.

11:20, the car clock stated, only 30 minutes left Gloria thought about bringing out her phone.

573 words

I'm sooo behind on my writing, its like 9:45pm where I am. Probably going to stay up writing tonight. At least its the holidays so I can do that.

-Solace