Chapter 3: Bilbo Baggins

Lyra stood at the edge of the Shire as a soft breeze swirled around her as daylight fades into darkness. Her fists clinched and unclenched a few times as she tried to urge herself forward. But her feet were not listening to her brain.

"What are you waiting for?" a voice hissed as a person walked up beside her and lightly touched her arm with his.

"An excuse." she hissed, as she felt her stress level rise from the sudden appearance of a dwarf prince. One of which is really starting to get on her nerves. Lyra heard a sigh escape the dwarf princes mouth and a groan escaped her own.

"Fine, let's get this over with." Lyra hissed, marching up the small hillside earning a small chuckle from behind her.

"Well are you coming or not?" Lyra questioned with hands on her hips, once she reached the top of the hillside. She heard the dwarf prince grunt and started to follow her.

Once Thorin caught up with her, Lyra began to move again looking for a door with a carving on it. Neither of them speaking until it was clear they had past a house more then once.

"This carving really should have been bigger." Lyra hissed, getting agitated. She narrowed her eyes and opened her elf ears letting the sounds of dwarves and one grey wizard fill them. "I think I hear them."

"After you." Thorin motioned mockingly. Earning a death glare from Lyra which only earned her an eye roll from Thorin. The pair followed the loud singing and laughing to the door with the mark telling them they had found the right place. Thorin knocked hard and Lyra giggled softly as the whole house grew quite. A few minutes later the door was opened by a small hobbit who looked to be no more then sixty. Gandalf slumped behind him as he was the tallest amongst everyone.

"Gandalf." Thorin nodded as he entered the house first followed by Lyra who smiled and nodded at Bilbo as she passed. "I thought you said this place would be easy to find. We lost our way twice. We would not have found it had it not been for the mark on the door."

"And the noise. Don't forget the noise." Lyra butted in, which only earned her an eye roll from Thorin.

"Mark? There's no mark on that door. It was painted a week ago." Bilbo urged, frustrated and overwhelmed.

"There is a mark. I put it there myself. Bilbo Baggins, allow me to introduce the leader of our company: Thorin Oakenshield." Gandalf explained.

"So... ...this is the Hobbit. Tell me, Mr. Baggins, have you done much fighting?" Thorin questioned.

"Pardon me?" Bilbo retorted, wondering what of importance fighting had in the present moment.

"Ax or sword? What's your weapon of choice?" Thorin continued.

"Oh for Merlin's sake, can I eat first before I have to witness an interrogation of a small hobbit?" Lyra hissed.

"Well, I do have some skill at conkers, if you must know... ...but I fail to see why that's relevant." Bilbo responded, as he looked between Thorin and Lyra.

"Thought as much. He looks more like a grocer than a burglar." Thorin hissed.

"Oh for......." Lyra hissed moving passed Thorin roughly and heading towards the pantry to raid something to eat. She gathered what little was left of cheese and a cup of juice and sat herself down at a chair that was on the left side of Thorin. She was getting rather annoyed with the dwarven prince but she was glad she was in the company of others as well and not alone with the dwarf any longer.