00

.* ゚

G A M E O F
S U R V I V A L

· 。゚

        *

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝
𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬
𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞, 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭
𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐧𝐨𝐰
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐥

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

prologue
how it started for her

prologuehow it started for her

.·:*¨༺     ★      ༻¨*:·

      ONCE UPON A TIME, in a far away place lived a family. There was a father, a mother, a son, and three daughters. They lived a simple life close to the coast of the pacific. Once a week, the father would drive an hour away to take his kids to see the blue waves. The mother would make sure she had their lunches packed and extra clothes in case the kids would get wet. Which they often ended up doing.

They lived in the northern middle of the golden state. Where it took them approximately an hour to be at the sunny beaches swimming around and two hours to be throwing snowballs at one another. Where they could drive off for half an hour and hike national parks and enjoy the waterfalls. A state full of culture. A place that welcomed anyone and everybody.

The parents made a promise to one another to break their generational trauma and stop it with them. They prayed for a better future for their kids. They didn't want generations of trauma piling on their beloved kids. They worked hard but they succeeded.