3. Betrayal

Mandy said good night to the guys, much to the chagrin of Marcus Fielding, who protested and promised her a good time. She knew what his definition of a good time was, and would gladly pass. Amelia walked her to the door and gave her a hug, before she caught a cab to her apartment. She didn't realise they'd reached their destination, till the questionably scented taxi driver poked her. Having fallen asleep on the less than ten minute ride back to her place, she knew she couldn't ignore the signals her body was sending her. As she opened her apartment door, she barely made it to the sofa, before collapsing and instantly falling asleep.

..................................................................................................................................................................................

The next few days of work were an uphill climb. She and Affie talked about Marcus and a new dentist in a nearby practice called Kian. Affie had her eye on him, and Mandy knew this was a little more serious. She was giggly and giddy, and when she saw his photograph on the practice website, Mandy knew why. He was tall, she could tell from his photo. The terms tall, dark and handsome were invented for this man, he wore a light stubble and had dazzling bright blue eyes. As she read down his 'About Me' page, she noticed that he was Persian. This would thrill her mother, Azar, and reading about him that wasn't the only thing they had in common. His main interest was defined as 'Socialising with friends', and Affie approved of this characteristic whole heartedly. As they finished their lunch, on a Thursday it was always Chinese, Allegra Cascarino walked in, a stern look on her face. Scouring her desk, Mandy selected the flash drive that contained her newest article and some ideas for the feature from the fashion show.

'Do you need this now, Allegra?' she quizzed her, holding out the stick.

'Could you come to my office Miss Romer?' Allegra responded, her voice cold and flat.

Affie raised her eyebrow. 'Okay, I'll see you tonight chica.'

The two friends hugged briefly, before Affie left, and Mandy followed her boss to her office.

As soon as they stepped inside, Allegra kicked the door closed and motioned for her employee to take a seat on one of her informal suede chairs. These chairs were normally used during laid back meetings, where they would discuss where to place certain features. Sure this wouldn't take long, and that it was related to the fashion show, Mandy sat down comfortably.

Allegra stayed standing, leaning against her antique Mahogany desk. Just a few weeks ago, Mandy had sourced this very item from a prestigious furniture auction, Allegra had been thrilled and purchased the item immediately.