⠀⠀prologue

THE SCHOOL'S ENTRANCE was packed with students changing their indoor slippers to their outdoor shoes along with students loitering around as they please, making the place more crowded than it should be

Luckily for the two girls, their class was dismissed early today. So early that the time they got to the shoes box, the school's entrance was still empty. Though as soon as they done changing their indoor slippers, the bell rang signaling class is finally over.

The two girls walked their way out of the school building. Though the taller girl — [full name] — walked in a faster pace than the shorter one — Takuzawa Aimi, which probably caused by their height difference.

"Shit." The [hair colour] haired girl suddenly halted making the light brunette walking beside her also stopped her track. "I think I left my notebook at class." [y/n] tighten her grip on her bag, clenching her fist as she shifted her focus on Aimi.

"You still can run to the classroom." Aimi suggested, glancing her watch. "Or... Just leave it there. There's still tomorrow, you know." She added as she didn't want to stay any longer since she knew very well someone's waiting for [y/n]. [y/n], however, couldn't care less.

What's more important now is her notebook, and her notebook alone.

She was about to start walking to her classroom as she turned around in a haste when she almost bumped someone. Automatically, she took a few step back to avoid bumping him as the boy also stopped taking any step further, noticing the girl in front of him.

"Ah! Sorry, didn't notice you." The silver-lilac haired boy scratched his right temple as his other hand was occupied with the box his holding. His droopy eyes were focused on [y/n], giving her a smile.

[y/n] stayed still, also focusing her gaze on the one and only Mitsuya Takashi — her classmate — before she let out a chuckle. A nervous one to be specific. But let's be real, who wouldn't be nervous when a such fine young man is standing in front of you?

"It's okay. I didn't notice you too so, um, sorry?" She managed to blurt out with a unsure tone. 'Fuck, [y/n]! Why did you make it sound like a question? He'll think you're insincere.' How she wanted to hit her face in the wall right now.

Takashi, though, didn't seem to care as he flashed a grin to [y/n]. "Where are you rushing to, by the way? I thought you and Takuzawa-san were leaving already?" Takashi asked, still with his grin.

[y/n] snapped her fingers, remembering the reason why she was going to run in the hallway. "I left my notebook at the classroom, almost forgot about that though. Thanks for reminding me!" She smiled widely at Takashi making the boy giggled softly.

Man, the girls really weren't lying when they said the home economic club's president was breath taking.

"I didn't even help you with anything." He stated. "You should go home now though, [l/n]-san. Your mom's probably waiting for you outside." Takashi continued, his lavender eyes haven't leave the [hair colour] haired figure.

"But my notebook-"

"I'll get them for you." Takashi immediately cutted her sentence off with an offer. [y/n] slightly tapped her fingers in a steepled manner.

"Weren't you... Going to the home economic club though?" [y/n] pointed out as her eyes dropped on the box Takashi was holding, labelled with 'Home Ec.' on it.

Takashi faced the other way as he slightly chuckled with one hand covering his mouth. "I'll get them, really. Don't worry about it." He reassured her, a hint of smile decorating his face. "Now, now, you should get going. Don't want your mom to wait for you any longer, yeah?"

Hearing that, [y/n] eyes widened. Shit, she internally shouting her lungs out, ma will be furious for sure.

She already wasted so much time now that by the time she get in her mother's car, she'll get scolded all the way home — or bakery, depends on her mother's mood. It'll be much worse if she insists to get her notebook.

Her [eyes colour] eyes quickly went to Takashi's. Clasping her hands in front of her face, she slightly bowed her head. "Sorry for troubling you. Thank you for the help, Mitsuya-kun." She still managed to smiled at him before running toward the school entrance where she can see Aimi took shelter under a tree outside.

As she walked, or rather run, her way out of the school's building, Takashi stayed there still had his gaze fixed on the tall girl. "She's cute." He tittered at his thoughts before walking towards the classroom as soon as he made sure both [y/n] and Aimi exited the school ground safely.

[y/n], on the other hand, bid Aimi goodbye before getting in her mother's car parked right in front of the school. And then it hit her.

'How is Mitsuya-kun going to give me the notebook before tomorrow?'

© choconetto_

© choconetto_