Chapter 41

"─ na rin naman na 'to."

Kaagad akong napalingon nang may marinig akong familiar na boses sa kabila ng dami ng tao rito sa mall. My heart automatically gave me away when it started beating loud, enough for me to feel it ─ especially when I saw the reason why.

Paris Avegail!

Napahinga ako nang malalim especially when I saw what she's wearing ─ an all purple outfit with a purple wig that almost looked like real hair, and light make up accentuating her beautiful face. She's so...sexy. I don't know ─ I didn't imagine she could sport an outfit like that. She's just too cute that it didn't occur to me. Kimono-like, a body suit covering her sleeves, and a choker...so bad for my heart.

Damn, I wanted to get her out of here ─ if only she didn't have someone with her. I know that man is cosplaying as well. Who won't forget such a young looking man that Gail introduced to us years ago?

"Last na lap around the mall and then we're going to change our costumes back to normal and then we're going home. Want to stay in my place?"

Parang nagpanting ang tainga ko sa narinig. Stay in his place? Why? For what reason? Then I remember that they're lovers. Okay, it's really bad for my heart. It's painful to face such truth that Gail was committed to someone else that wasn't me.

But getting to see her recently have broken all the walls I built. I can't forget her, hindi ko rin magawang mag-move on, wala naman ding kami in the first place. Hindi ako makahanap ng iba, ayokong humanap ng iba, wala ring dumadating na iba.

"Anong gagawin ko ro'n?"

Napansin kong napalingon si Seth sa akin, I quickly saw the recognition in his eyes. Whatever, we're friends. Wala naman sigurong masama kung lalapit ako.

"Maglalaro tayong barbie."

"Hindi na ─"

"So, can I take pictures with you?" I interrupted them. Binigyan ko nang mabilis na tango ang boyfriend ni Gail nang batiin ako nito ng magandang ngiti. This guy is so tall.

"Hey," Pinilit kong huwag magbigay ng kahit anong reaksyon nang akbayan niya si Gail." North, right?"

I once again nodded my head and gave him a smile. He's a nice guy ─ which was good because Gail should deserve the best. Still, it's a sore that he's nice because I have no place.

Gail suddenly looked agitated. Pero hindi nakaligtas sa paningin ko ang paggala ng mata nito sa kabuuan ko. Pasimple akong huminga ng malalim. It's a good thing I was wearing something decent, although it was unusual of me to wear a dress. I stopped myself from appreciating Gail's overall appearance and tried to focus on this guy first.

"And if I remember it right, you're Gail's boyfriend." I extended my hand which he gladly reached and shook. "Seth?"

Of course I know him very well ─ more like, I know what he looks like. I wasn't able to forget his face ever since even if I wanted to. Sino ba naman makakalimot sa mukhang iyon knowing that he is Gail's first relationship? The thought sounded bitter in my head than I expected.

"Good memory. But a little correction, it's ex now."

I automatically averted my eyes at Gail as if seeking for an answer pero para na naman itong natataranta. I can't read what she's thinking right at the moment. Was she flustered? She didn't want me ─ want us ─ to know? Ayaw niya bang malaman ko sa ganitong paraan? What? I can't help but feel that I was already frowning.

Ex? Ex? They're not together anymore?

"Gail and I decided to be just friends." Seth rephrased, which was followed with a single nod from Gail, agreeing with the guy.