|Five|

🌹

🌹

"MAYA, FOR THE LAST TIME, I'M TAKING YOU HOME! NO MORE ARGUING!"

The young Hale huffs, crossing her arms as her lips form into a pout. The McCall pack are now back in Beacon Hills, but Stiles was currently taking Maya back to the loft. It took some yelling, and Stiles dragging her out of the animal clinic, but she ended up leaving with Stiles. Lydia had told her that she would stay behind with Deaton at the clinic to help him with Derek. Maya really wanted to stay with her, but Lydia gave her a strict order to go home and get some rest.

It was Maya's first day of high school tomorrow, after all.

So, here Maya was, pouting silently in the passenger seat while Stiles drove her home. She really wanted to be there for Derek, but she knew deep down that Lydia was right. She needed the rest and the sleep to get up bright and early tomorrow. That, and Maya just looks like a complete mess from being tortured by the Calaveras. She was in desperate need of a shower to get rid of all the dry blood and dirt from her body.

Stiles sighs, looking over at Maya briefly before looking back at the road.

"You nervous?" He questions, feeling Maya's confused stare on him. "About starting high school, I mean."

"Well-" Maya pauses, not really knowing what to say as she shrugs. "I mean, you guys are all gonna be there, so there's really no point in me being nervous."

"We're not gonna be in high school forever, M. You should find friends your own age."

Maya looks out the window, watching the trees whoosh by as she remains quiet. She didn't really have friends growing up. Derek always kept her indoors and away from the world because their family was always a target to hunters. He couldn't risk losing Maya, so he did everything he could to protect her. When Scott got bit by Peter, that's when Maya's life completely turned upside down. Derek could no longer hide her and keep her a secret anymore. So, he took matters into his own hands and made Scott promise to keep her safe when he couldn't. Of course, the True Alpha didn't hesitate to agree on protecting the young Hale. Looking at Maya as a little sister, Scott gave Derek his word that he would do anything to ensure that Maya is safe.

And then the rest was history.

When the McCall pack officially became a pack, the older teens had become Maya's friends. They became her second family and she wouldn't change that for the world. Did Maya want to have friends her own age? Of course she did! She wants to be surrounded by people her own age, and create her own little group. Maya had only met one person during her orientation, and she was happy that they had exchanged numbers.

Now she wouldn't be so nervous to enter the school hallways alone. 

Stiles sighs, pulling up to the loft and shutting the engine off. Maya turns to look at him, about to say something but the older teen cut her off.