⚔️2⚔️

Here is the outfit and sword you will be wearing when the timeskip happens:

You still have the leg bags with stars and kunai btw.

Enjoy
———————————————————————————

The final selection went easier than expected. Was it because you were still heated from the fight with Sanemi that happened days prior? Or were you trying to get stronger? Either way, you slayed more demons than you were supposed to to be able to win final selection.

When you got your new sword, Kanata Ubuyashiki had asked what will you do once you get your sword, and what made you become a demon slayer, to which you answered for both questions: "for personal gain."

Once final selection was over, you left. You had no idea where you were heading, no motive, no desires, you just walked.

~~⚔️timeskip⚔️~~

It has been a year since final selection, you had made a name of yourself as the mysterious fox. No one knew what you looked like under that mask, were you hiding big scars? Were you hiding eye bags? No one knew.

You went from village to village, hearing the villagers complaints, slaying demons that terrorized villages, and helping out around the local shops.

What? You have to get money somehow.

You resided in the countryside of Japan, the reasoning you told the person when you bought your house was you fell in love with the views, and it's in the middle of other villages you frequently visit, but the honest truth was your favorite ramen place was in this village, and since it is in the middle of the 3 villages you frequently have to slay demons at, it quickly became a comfort food to get after missions. Was it ideal? No. You wanted so desperately to become a hashira, or train with one. Hell, you'd even settle with doing their missions. Only slaying these weak no rank demons are getting boring and you aren't getting any stronger by defeating them.

A loud scream filled your house. At the speed of lightning, you grabbed your sword and bolted out of your house and towards the origin of the scream.

Normally you can't smell demons, but this demon reeked. It was easy to follow where the demon is with the smell of rotting flesh. Once you reached thr area the demon was at, you saw it. A grey skin, odd face paint, hair black with red tips demon, staring right at you with his eyes wide. His fingers digging into a small child's face, drawing blood.

"Unhand them, demon." You spat.

"Or what? What will a oversized fox like you do?" He laughed. "You're all talk huh, there is no way someone like you will get near me without getting out of breath!"

"You're lucky to even be in the presence of me for this long. Also, try throwing out some good insults. I've heard these before, I'm bored."

The demon went to speak, but before it could do anything, you practically teleported behind them, and cut their head off.