p r o l o g u e

Summer was named after her mother's favourite season. The summer time. Where the waves would crash onto shore. The sun would beam down on the lovely coastline of Outer Banks. The palm trees would dance along to the breeze. The wildlife came out to play. Endless nights of laughing and as much fun as you could think of.

Growing up, Summer quickly realised that this was most definitely her favourite season too.

Before Summer was born, her mother and father were on vacation in the Outer Banks when they completely fell in love with the small island. Shortly after, the pair got married and bought a small beachfront shack together.

Soon after they had their beautiful daughter, Summer Elle Pearce. Wavy brunette hair, sparkling green eyes, small freckles splattered across her face and a smile that you would instantly fall in love with.

A girl who you will always find surfing the waves or tanning on the beach. Collecting shells for her collection or reading her favourite books. Helping to save the ocean wildlife or simply just smiling at the smallest things in life. Summer was the girl who you would see once in your life but never forget her.

[present]

"We're moving back to Outer Banks?" Summer exclaimed, dropping her surfboard as she entered through the door of her house.

"Yes we are! Isn't this exciting?" Chester replied with a grin on his face, "and guess what, somehow I managed to get my hands on me and your mum's old beach shack!"

"Dad! No way this is amazing!" Summer ran up and hugged her father ever so tightly. She couldn't believe that she was going back to her birthplace. The place that felt like home. The place that was home.

"We're leaving in a week! So i would recommend getting all your stuff and whatever you need packed and ready to go!" her mother said walking in through the doorway.

"You bet!"

And so the journey begins. Summer, a 16 year old girl was now finally being brought back to her home town. The Outer Banks. Paradise on earth.

hey guys! i'm super happy
to be publishing my first
book! i can't wait to see what
you all think of it!
if you have any ideas let me
know right now so i would
be able to incorporate them
into it as i go along.
just letting you know this
story will be based of the obx
storyline! [which i do not own]
please please leave some
comments along the way
because i love reading them
sm. thank you all! <3

addi