~Peculiar for a Peculiar: Part 1~

I decided to make the story I was talking about, I think I'll have more than 1 part and it probably wont end anytime soon. I also don't really know if people are really reading my stories or not since I haven't gotten any comments but thanks for the views! I didn't think anyone would actually stumble upon this story! So here goes nothing!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I awoke in the morning with a nightmare, I had a dream of things I didn't even understand. There was a bunch of kids my grandpa used to tell me about--Enoch, Emma, Horace, Olive, Hugh, Bronwyn, Millard, Fiona and Claire--But the weird part was that Jacob Portman was there. My Grandpa (Brian) and Jacob's Grandpa (Abraham) were friends back in this home they lived in, with all these children in 1940. But why would Jacob be there? Yes, I knew him when I was younger, we had sleepovers while our Grandpa's told us stories, and we go to the same school but still that doesn't explain why he was there. Plus he doesn't believe in those stories anymore because he never found out what I could do. (Grandpa told me it was best not to.) But either way I was awake and there was not much I could do now. 

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'm Peculiar even for Peculiar my Grandpa tells me often, because I'm Omnikinesis (I can manipulate anything), Essokinesis (I can manipulate  reality),  Metamorphmagus (I can change my appearance at will.), I have telepathy (I can communicate with others through my mind) and I have this strange ability to create almost anything in the world in either the palm of my hand or in front of me. Grandpa calls me the 3rd soul peculiar. My parents and sister are also peculiar, my family is strange because they don't really have families with this many peculiars born in a row. It's an unsolved mystery.  

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I got out of bed. It was Saturday, so I didn't have any school or work. Finally. I wanted to visit grandpa for the past few days but I was busy so I couldn't. I was worried, I had a strange feeling that I couldn't understand, but whatever it was, I knew it was bad. Grandpa said to visit him at 7:00 pm. Once it turned 6:50, I rushed  out the door and to the car, by the time I reached the house he was outside waiting--as he always does--and he said "Hello Elizabeth!" "Hello Grandpa!" I replied back. Once we got inside we had some dinner as I told him about everything that happened. The dream, the bad feeling, all of it. When I finished speaking I looked at him, and I saw something I never did before, something I regretted seeing...fear. He looked genuinely scared and that made me scared too. And then out of nowhere there came a massive crash and a growl coming from the front door. "Hide!" Grandpa whispered to me. "What about you!" I hissed back. "Don't worry about me, I knew they would return. All I care about is that you are safe!" He said as he shoved me in the closet. "Don't use your powers and make a peep and you're dead. Once it's gone..." He shoved a key in my hand. I immediately knew what it was for. "Go read, I know you're good at that." He said with a smile that quickly turned to a frown. He shut the closet door and ran. I heard his footprints fade then a loud bang. He was gone. I silently started crying sinking away deeper and deeper into the closet. 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

It had probably been about 20 minutes since Grandpa left me in the closet, alone, crying. But at least the monster was gone. I knew it was a hollow because I heard about them, but only in stories. I crept out of the closet carefully in case anything was still here. then I saw him. I closed my eyes shut and tears fell out. I reached the dresser, took out the key from my pocket and opened it. I picked up the Ralph Waldo Emerson book that was inside. Once I opened it a couple letters fell out. One read:

 Dear Elizabeth,

If you are reading this that means something has happened to me. 

All you need to know is that the stories I told you as a child are real,

these children are still alive, go to the island your parents will understand what happened.

don't let the wights get you Elizabeth. Stay hidden and safe. 

I miss you very much and when you see the children tell them I said Hello.

Goodbye Elizabeth,

                                      -Grandpa

The second letter wasn't from grandpa it was from the lady he told me about; Miss Peregrine herself. 

Hello I'm thinking about making a part 2 if this book gets to about 100 views! I would love to hear if you have any ideas or suggestions! 

-Izzy