Chapter 4

(The Tengen x Kyojuro that is in this story is just Kyojuro simping over Tengen. Tengen is still faithful to his wives still in this story.)

Giyuu’s POV
Finally after training so long I can start my job. Tomorrow is my first day of actual working at the prison as a guard. Shinobu and I have done a lot to become prison guards. Shinobu is my pesky neighbor who hasn’t stopped bothering me since I moved in next to her. She lives with her little sister and there usually is another girl named Aoi who is over there often.
I live with a boy named Tanjiro and his little sister Nezuko. It was almost dinner time and Tanjiro made some grilled cheese sandwiches. Soon we all started eating, it was good. I keep thinking about work tomorrow. After dinner I went and took a shower and then we all watched a movie before bed.
Nezuko fell asleep so Tanjiro carried her to her room. Then I said goodnight to him and got ready for bed. Once I got into my room I sat down on the bed and took my hair out of its ponytail. I have a big day tomorrow so I went straight to bed. My alarm went off and I got up and got ready for the day.
I had a small breakfast, a granola bar and coffee. Tanjiro and Nezuko had cereal and then I took them to school. In just a few years Tanjiro will be out of school and probably going to college. Time passes by too fast. After that I dropped them off and headed to the prison. I got in and messaged Tanjiro that they would have to walk home. I get off at five so I won’t be off to pick them up. Then my shift started and I made sure everything was okay, making sure that nobody tries to escape or cause issues. It is an okay job, I could see Shinobu standing by some cells across the room from me.
She seemed serious and quiet, the complete opposite from how she actually acts. My face was probably about the same as hers, quiet, serious, and empty eyed, a bit colder than her glare though. I normally am quiet and serious but I made my face colder. Not all of the guards are that serious though. This one guard that is near me seems cheerful. His face is smiling and his eyes are shiny, brimming with hope and happiness. After a bit I got my first break, I get two a day. I was about to take my break but this male guard pulled me aside and said he wanted to talk to me.

“You are the new guard right?”

I nodded and he smiled even bigger. His hair is like flames, yellow and red, wild and free.

“I have been here for a few years! My name is Rengoku Kyojuro! What is yours, fellow guard?”

He seems to have a lot of energy. Also very talkative. If he ever talked to Shinobu, they would get along. I cleared my throat and spoke up, even though I don’t feel like talking.

“Tomioka Giyuu.”

I didn’t have anything else to say and I think he caught on. He smiled and nodded and said ‘alright then!’ and he walked away back to where he was standing. I went to the dining hall and got some food to eat. They allow the guards to eat the food too. I started eating and it wasn’t terrible. I can’t complain though, it’s food. After I finished eating I still had about five minutes before my break is over.
So I just walked back to where I was guarding and continued my shift. Time went by slowly, I walked around making sure everything was good. I saw Kyojuro again, he was looking at a specific cell. I looked over and saw a man with white hair smiling, staring at his muscles.