Chapter 2

1 roll....2 rolls...3 rolls...

My heart is racing. What is happening? It's all a blur outside my window. My seatbelt is piercing my waist every 3 seconds, and then before I know it, I'm hanging by just my seatbelt.

"HELP ME!" I heard my mother scream with pure terror.

I opened my eyes to see her waist-up outside of the car. Blood followed the jagged edges of the glass in which her body was propelled through. I look around in terror as cars stop abruptly behind us and people rush to help. I hear 911 calls being made outside of the car to my left. I try to stay as still as possible so that I do not harm myself anymore if I have a concussion. I think some people might have thought I was dead at the scene because I never made a movement.

After 10 minutes of agonizing waiting and hearing people say "They are on their way ma'am. They will be here soon", I finally hear the sirens get loud enough for me to believe that they are on the scene. I lifted my eyes slowly to see firemen slowly lifting my mother's motionless body out of the shards of glass. A man in a fire marshal uniform got on one knee and examined her and then filled out a ticket with a red stripe at the top. As he ripped the ticket off the stack, I saw in big black letters a four letter word that killed me. "DEAD"

During the heat of this moment I never noticed that my dad had not moved. The steering wheel was bent over, airbag deflated. The door on my father's side was completely smashing his left side. It was then clear to me that he was lost to us as well. With all the emotions in my brain letting loose, I screamed at the top of my lungs,

"GET ME OUT OF HERE! MY DAD IS DEAD!"

At the end of this line I started to wail in tears. The firemen were over to my door almost immediately with the jaws of life cutting my door open and retrieving me from the car. I continued to cry as a lady comforted me in the ambulance as I was stuck with 3 different IVs and pinned down on a backboard. "Breath in...breath out...just keep....breathing...stay with me Jessica...."

I open my eyes as these words woft in and out of my brain and I look up at the paramedic who is gripping my arm and shaking me soft enough my IVs wont move, but no softer.

"How...how do you...know my...-?"

"You're name? You have an ID right here don't you?" She said as she held up my purse, revealing my wallet. "Ah yes, Jessica Rene Davis. 5'6", blue eyes. red hair."

"That'd be me." I said, muttering a smile and then beginning to laugh, but stopped.

" OW...I hurt so much..."

"I know hun, I know. You mangled yourself up quite a bit. We are on our way to the hospital right now. All hands on deck and waiting for you, our miracle patient.'

'Miracle patient? Why is that? I still could die...' I said hesitantly.

'Now you stop that talk right now. You're lucky to be alive! You are the first person in this county to ever survive a semi truck collision.' She said with wide eyes.

I started to say something but then I just stared blankly. My head begins to pound and I start to see my surroundings tremble.

'Stay awake Jessica....Eyes open...WAKE UP....'

~Blackness~

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 28, 2015 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Close Encounters of the Boy Kindजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें