Lag Jaa Gale

[ Please do play the song while you read the os, especially from where the penning of lyrics start. Happy Reading! :) ]

~
Ek baari mud ke dekh lo
Hai jo tumhari mehfil mein yaara
Ek baar jo kadam bahar rakh diye
Fir lautenge na hum dobaara!
~

"Shaurya, shaurya!

Beta ruk jao kahaan jaa rahe ho!

Shaurya beta!" Devi screamed at the top of her lungs. But all to deaf ears. He didn't pay any heed to her words.

He left.

________________________________________

The car halted as the sober spot came into his view.

The same place, where he used to memorialise his loneliness.

Where he used to cry inconsolably, giggle at his ill-fate, isolated.

Till one fine day,

She barged into his life forcefully,

Like a substantial gust of wind,

Destroying every single pillar of his misogynistic and ruthless self,

to change him for some good.

Intensely making a place in his heart, which could never fade from there anymore.

His eyes searched for her. On the bench right before the lake. Yes! There she was sitting peacefully, living in the tranquillity, like always, letting the wind softly caress her locks. Eyelids shut, end of her lips twitched into a beautiful smile, he knew she could sense his arrival.

His steps were directed towards her. Yes, she was there, like always. Dressed flawlessly perfect to toggle him like she always did. In a white Anarkali, flowing along with the breeze.

And the day when his heart and hers merged to be one,

That place became 'theirs'

The moments became 'their moments'

They laughed together, they cried together,

The same place, the same ambience which witnessed their flawed, scarred, broken yet beautiful love. Love, unquestioning, unfastened, transparent, virgin, cosmic, exquisite, otherworldly love.

"Anokhi" a gasp escaped his lips as he stepped into her vicinity of touching equilibrium.

Her eyelids fluttered, like that of the leaves of the tree...dancing to the melodies of the nippy twilight breeze, flapping and moving, composing a jovial and delicate psalm. Her irises glistened, like that of two full moons, perceptible through the diminutive windows of her clammy eyeballs.