Prologue: Daddy's Little Girl

Disclaimer: This is an Originals fan fiction and I do not own any the Originals/ TVD. This story though, and specific characters are my own. Any characters that are my own shall be specified, otherwise, I do not own them. 

At first, when he found out, he hated it. His unborn spawn, something created by a loophole of nature, of magic. Something that should not exist. That's what it was. A fluke. And so he treated it and her as such.

But as time went on, wars fought, his kingdom won back, he realized that he had stopped referring to her as an it, and instead as a her. After sometime, that epiphany brought on a torrent of realizations he had subconsciously solved. Now it was a her that was his heir. Now instead of him referring to Hayley as her, she had a name. He realized that he loved this child. His child. And he realized that he would see her as nothing but light, his princess of the kingdom to protect forever.

And so, when peace had finally settled over his kingdom, his child brought into the world, he realized that Elijah's words so long ago were true. His baby, his princess, his heir, was his hope. And not just his hope, but hope for everyone in his family, everyone who dwelled in his city, everyone who walked the Earth. She was magnificent, perfect, and deserving of one title that would remind everyone what she truly was.

Hope.

Thanks for reading! Remember to vote, share, review and comment!