Ch. 1

Jaskier was doing his normal rounds of performing at taverns and possibly even um.. getting into some fights.

Amelia, was working at one of the taverns he regularly played at. She'd always fancied him and his songs about a Witcher, one whom he'd call a friend.

This particular night, however, was not one of the best. This was one of the nights when all the gross, drunk, and perverted men would come to the tavern and stay late and get drunk. The one day men would use Jaskier's performances since on these days the tavern got little business.

Amelia had her brown corset on over a gray baggy shirt along with some brown trousers and black boots. She was in the back behind the bar wiping down all the mugs she could before men starting pouring in. She would often sing to herself so some noise could be heard in the tavern until the Bard arrived.

"Toss a coin to your Witcher, O'Valley of plenty, O'Valley of plenty, woah.." Amelia favored this particular song by the bard. She thought he talked so much about a Witcher in it, that it was almost like she knew the Witcher herself.

She didn't hear Jaskier come into the tavern until he spoke, "Seems to be everybody's favorite," Amelia jumped and juggled a mug for a second before clutching it to her torso so it wouldn't fall. "Oh- no I am so sorry I didn't mean to scare ya," Jaskier's face showed he felt bad.

Amelia chuckled and waved her hand, "No worries. I'd rather have a bard scare me than any other men," She chuckled and went back to what she was doing.

"Well," Jaskier went and sat at the bar, resting his arms on the counter, "it's good to know you don't see me like the others." He had a proud smile on his face as he looked at Amelia.

"Well," She said in the same tone as him mockingly, "I don't think a Witcher would be able to put up with you if you were," She smirked at the bard and finished placing the mugs.

Jaskier dramatically placed his hand on his chest and gasped, "That is an awfully rude thing to say!" He stared at her for not even a second before he broke his dramatic character, "But no you are completely right," the two laughed and when Amelia faced him her focus went straight for the entrance of the tavern. The voices of men could be heard as they were about to enter. Jaskier noticed her demeanor change as she stared at the entrance.

"I can stay up here if you'd like?" Amelia glanced at him and then shook her head.

"No, no it's fine," she shook her head and tried giving a reassuring grin. Jaskier had a sad look on his face. He wanted to believe her but couldn't.

"Well," Jaskier stood up and looked at Amelia with a smile, "I'll be over at the other end, doing my thing," he said playfully. "And if you ever need anything I'm one call away," with that he turned and walked to the other side of the tavern to prepare for an audience. Or at least the ones who wouldn't be flirting with the girls.

Some time went by and Amelia had already dealt with a few scums. Jaskier hadn't performed yet and instead was conversing with other people. Though when the time came, Jaskier happily walked up on the stage and everyone's focus went to him. Jaskier didn't say anything, just looked around and then pulled his lute in-front of him and started playing.

"I... hear... you're alive. How disappointing... I've also, survived. No thanks to you," this song was new and Amelia could tell that the bard had wrote this at a time that hurt him. She kept her eyes on him as much as possible. Admiring the person singing.

"All those lonely miles. That you ride.. now you'll walk, with no one by your side," Amelia had paused what she was doing was almost in a trance until someone at the bar knocked her out of it.