Chapter I: the Grave of Sir Francis Drake

"I'm here off the coast of Panama, where we just recovered what we believe to be the coffin of legendary explorer Sir Francis Drake, who was buried at sea over 400 hundred years ago." the blonde reporter Elena Fisher narrated as she filmed the barnacle incrusted coffin.

She was interrupted by one of the two men she had hired as he walked up and began using a crowbar to force open the coffin. It was none other than Nathan Drake.

"Are you sure you wanna be defiling your ancestor's remains like that?" she asked him.

"You make it sound so dirty." he replied with a chuckle.
"Besides, I thought you didn't believe us."

"Well, I did do my research. And apparently, Francis Drake didn't have any children." she said, before turning to the second man on the boat, a man with blond hair pulled into a low bun that went by the name of Jack Loxley.
"And history has never even confirmed the existence of Robin of Loxley, or his alias Robin Hood."

Jack smirked as he walked up to the other two.

"Well, history can be wrong, you know. For example, you can't defile an empty coffin." he explained before pushing the lid off of the coffin.

Just as he had said, there was no body inside the coffin. Not even a skeleton. The only thing in there was a small metal box.

"What the hell?" Elena exclaimed in shock.

With a smirk firmly plastered on his face, Nathan reached inside and pulled out the box. He opened to reveal a small handbook bound in leather, Drake's coat of arms on the cover. The diary of Sir Francis Drake.

"You devil." Nathan said with a smile as he and Jack shared a laugh.

"What is it? C'mon, hold it up." Elena requested.

Nathan immediately hid the diary while Jack stepped in front of the reporter, blocking the lens of her camera.

"Not happening. The deal was for a coffin, and you have your coffin right there." Jack told her.

Elena frowned.

"Wait a minute, if my show hadn't've funded this expedition, you wouldn'tve-"

"Hey, hey... You got your story, lady." Nathan interrupted.

Elena was very irritated now.

"Look, Mr. Drake, you two signed a contract."

Jack and Nathan glanced at each other and shared a light chuckle, ignoring Elena's angry ranting. It was so incredibly amusing to watch this reporter flail about in frustration while having no idea, not even the smallest hunch, of what the bigger picture was here. Unfortunately, something in the distance diverted their attention away from the very upset woman in front of them.

"Could you please hold that thought, Ms. Fisher?" Jack requested before moving towards the walkie talkie they had set down on some crates and picking it up.
"Sully, we've got trouble. Hurry it up."

"Okay, okay, what's going on?" Elena asked as she set down her camera.

"Uh... Pirates." Nathan answered.

"Pirates?!" she repeated incredulously.

Nathan and Jack both moved towards a white case they had on deck. They opened it and began readying it's contents: a small group of pistols.

"Yup. The modern kind. No peg legs, no eyepatches, no parrots and not in the habit of taking prisoners." Jack explained.
"Well, at least not male prisoners."

"Wait what are you talking about?"

Suddenly, her eyes widened as she noticed the group of motorboats heading their way. And they were closing in fast.