Chapter 1: To the Waters and the Wild: Part 1

( Authors note: For reference, the story starts off after the events of 3x03 of Legacies and during 1x01 of Fate. )

As Grace Hayley Campbell walked through the gates of Alfea with her friend Wade Rivers, she stopped and looked around the courtyard at the bustle of students moving around, thinking about all the crazy that had happened. A woman had confronted the two of them in the square one day and had introduced herself as Farah Dowling and then explained that she was aware of their supernatural school and of the fact that Wade was a fairy. But she also threw in how she was all but certain that Grace was a fairy as well, which had shocked her and she denied it severely stating she was no fairy but a witch. Miss Dowling had then asked if she ever wondered why her eyes glowed when she did magic sometimes, which further shocked her, as only a select few knew about that and she demanded to know who Miss Dowling was, where she was from, and how she knew about them and why she was here.

She then began to explain that Wade was actually the long-lost nephew of her co-worker and friend, someone named Ben Harvey who was also the botany teacher at Alfea, a school for fairies in a place called " The Other World" the same school Miss Dowling was the headmistress of. And while looking for Wade one of her contacts had also noticed the Fairylike abilities of Grace. Sometimes when she did magic, her eyes glowed silver and electricity seemed to spring from her fingers, which she had learned were the abilities of an air fairy and not just a side effect of being a siphoner witch like she had originally thought.

Her dad had been a witch but he was also a descendent of a member of the Gemini coven and their ancestors had been exiled from the coven and resettled in New Orleans Louisiana, adjusting very quickly. While her father had been a normal witch Grace had inherited the siphoner gene which seemed to appear not all that rarely but certainly not very common in the coven. Being a Siphoner meant that instead of creating or holding her own magic, she had to siphon it from some other supernatural source. ( Person, object, building, etc. )

Her friends Josie and Lizzie Saltzman were also members of the Gemini coven and they were both also siphoners as well, though they were direct descendants of the coven leaders which meant when they turned 22 they had to complete a ritual called the merge in which one would have to kill the other or all 3 of them and any other surviving members of the coven would all die.

Her mother had died when she was two so she didn't remember her, and her father had always been very vague about her mother's past only saying that she had been very powerful and from somewhere far away. After Miss Dowling had left saying she would return in a week to see them again, giving her and Wade a chance to have time to process all they had been told, Grace had called Freya Mikaelson since she and Hayley Marshell had been very close friends with her mother. Freya had told her that her mom had indeed been an air fairy and that she had been from a place called The Other World, and that she and Hayley had promised Grace's parents they would tell her the truth about her mom's heritage when she turned 18, which she was but hadn't gone back to New Orleans yet.

Grace's parents had always been close with the Mikaelson family since her mom was pregnant with her and Hayley with Hope. Cassandra Wilson Campbell having been new to the world and city and Hayley being caught in a war for the city and both pregnant the two women had become fast friends and the same was extended between Cassandra and Freya and Rebekah when they appeared and joined their family. And Grace's dad Ian Campbell had become friends with Klaus and Elijah Mikaelson and Marcel Gerad. Grace and Hope had grown up together and were like sisters, and Grace had been adopted by Hopes family even more after her dad died when she was 12.