CHAPTER TWO

I got to school early today. After the school assembly, we marched to our various classrooms. Preshy and Benita already secured a nice place for us to sit. I quickly went to my seat while Preshy and Benita sat beside me, both at my left and right.

Good news, I haven't seen Clara or Temi and I pray that they transferred to another school.

"Thinking about Temi?" Preshy voice pulled out of my thoughts. I turned to my left to look at the black skin girl, who had shiny skin, black braided hair, small nose, eyes, mouth and body. Everything in her was small.

"Temi? Can you stop already? I'm not thinking of anyone.

" Lying is a crime, do you know that? I'm 100% sure you're happy that he's not in school yet" Preshy laughed at me and I hissed.

"You're just imagining things. I'm really not. The pressure of ss2 is just weighing me down a little" I lied hoping she will buy it.

"Which pressure?" Benita asked as she widened her big cute eyes "Ss2 wey you never start abi wetin?"

I couldn't lie to my friends but I still did anyway "I'm being serious here"

"We hear you" They chorused.

A teacher walked into the class and that was the end of our discussion that morning, as we had various teachers walking in after 1 hr 30 mins to give us revisions and schemes of works.

Lunch period came faster than I thought. The teacher rounded up immediately when the bell was rung. My friends and I walked to the cafeteria hand in hand.

"I'm really craving that yam porridge," Preshy said, rubbing her stomach.

I laughed "Igbo girl wey like food"

"Please I don't play with food"

Benita quickly tapped me "Look at those two fools" I looked in the direction she was signaling with her eyes and I saw Temi and Clara eating together with Temi's friend, Lanre.

I frowned and felt sad immediately. I walked to the food vendor acting like I wasn't hurt by the scene I just saw.

"A plate of jollof rice and plantain" I placed my order and the food vendor started putting quantities of rice on a plate.

"Esosa, don't think about it. Clara is just a b...ch, I can't believe we even befriended that girl and added her to our WhatsApp group. I feel like slapping her ehn" Benita said to me and I nodded.

Preshy robbed me softly on my back "Truth oh, if you keep thinking about it, you will just keep hurting yourself. Let it go, he's not for you"

"Swears, imagine he jumped on Clara immediately he got the chance. I'm sure it's all because of s*x. Clara must have given him s*x" Benita added and furrowed her eyebrows. I guess the thought of Clara annoyed her more than I could imagine.

I felt angry at the thought of s*x "Sex? Because I refused to give him sex?"

"Before nko" Preshy said and quickly told the food vendor to give her yam porridge.

Benita had a shocked expression on her face "Esosa, it's like you don't know guys. Temi was just after your body. Forget that yeye love he claimed to have for you. Guys like that only jump from one girl to another. Na dem"

"He can keep looking for a way to have sex with me. My no is no" I said angrily.

Temi had asked for sex a month before we broke up and I strongly refused. I wondered why he kept trying to convince me but I stood by my word until he broke up with me and started dating Clara four days later.

Clara was in our small circle. We even had a WhatsApp group chat for just the four of us. Yet she started dating Temi immediately after he broke up with me. Benita, Preshy and I confronted her in the group chat and she insulted my life ehn, we had to remove her from our group and cut her off completely since she's a bitch. Now I know how she got Temi, classless b..ch.

It still hurts but Temi is not worth me at all.

Benita ordered the same food as mine and we carried our plate of food to an empty table.

Benita continued "Guys like Temi just want to chop and go. If your relationship is all about sex, what will happen when he wants to try out another girl? Relationships like that are pointless, look for someone who will make you feel like a Queen not the one that will leave you because you refused to give him sex"

Preshy only nodded as she stuffed her mouth with food.

I still felt sad "But it still hurts, Benita. Temi is my first love. We only dated for five months, I'm not happy at all. I can't lie anymore"

"I understand you but I promise, you will get over this soon. I promise"

I took out my phone from my pink purse and checked my WhatsApp messages for a while. I was not feeling hungry at the moment. I saw some messages were already sent in ss2 group chat. The GC consisted of the three departments art, science and commercial. My friends and I were in the science department while Temi was in the art department and Clara commercial.

Opening the message I started reading all 73 messages. A lot were from Clara talking about a party which will take place at her house on Friday night.

"Mad oh!" I exclaimed, drawing Benita and Preshy attention to me. I looked at them one after the other "Clara is throwing a party at her house"

Benita hissed loudly "Show off!"

Preshy supported Benita immediately "I swear she just wants to tell everyone that she now has Temi"

I felt disgusted. "Isn't it already obvious? Everyone knows that Temi broke up with me. I received a lot of stares this morning from girls that just wants to poke nose"

"It's obvious but she wants to make it official. Are we invited?" Benita asked.

I quickly read on "Yes, she said everyone is invited. Favy asked if she's inviting us too and she replied with yes" I showed Benita and Preshy the screen.

Preshy became annoyed "She get mind invite us. After what she did. She's not serious at all"

Benita was just nodding her head and ate slowly.

I was confused at first. I knew Benita was up to something "So we aren't going or what?"

Preshy chuckled and eyed me, teasing me with her eyes "Even if we were, will your Mum permit you?"

I smiled "She will don't worry"

"Anyways, we are not going," Preshy concluded.

"No...." Benita said and we looked at her "....we will attend that party. Esosa, you're going to shock Clara when you bring your boyfriend to the party"

Preshy and I looked at each other then at Benita "Which boyfriend?" We chorused.

"I will get you a hot boyfriend from this school in fact from ss2. Temi and Clara will think twice before messing with you next time. Just calm down"

............

To be continued......