Smile (Shy!Reader)

Sorry for grammar mistakes or typos ;v;

[Unedited]

Art by... me 👉🏻👈🏻✨️

_________________________________

A path of confetti and paper streamers came into being, the colorful party lighting almost kept the whole neighborhood illuminated as you found your way to the balcony.

You and other VTuber's got invited to celebrate Kuzuha's 1 million subs, and what would be better than a party at his house?
Sure, you had many other ideas in mind, but everyone else voted for the party and you definitely didn't want to ruin their excitement by voting against it, hence you convinced yourself to just go and celebrate with them - for Kuzuha.

But oh boy, attending to parties isn't something you like doing. You have little to no courage to talk to anyone. Despite being a streamer, you didn't enjoy talking at all due to your shyness (at least in real life).

So here you were, leaning against the balcony front, trying to avoid the noise and deep in thoughts. Your (e/c) eyes wandered up to the shining stars as your mind suddenly went from 'Party' to 'Kuzuha'.

A warm feeling rushed through your veins as soon as you thought about his smile, his laugh, his jokes.
Something about Kuzuha made you feel at ease whenever you think of him; the situation could be as worse as possible - but with Kuzuha on your mind, you feel like you could face all your problems at once.

Closing your eyes, you continued to daydream about your secret crush and couldn't help but smile.

"What are you smiling at?"

Your eyes flung open, obviously startled by the sudden presence behind you. A quiet, shrieking sound escaped your lips as your shoulders tensed up, hands clutching the thin terrace wall before you decided to turn around.

The voice belonged to the one and only vampire neet, of course you've noticed that earlier.

Heat rose to your face as soon as you (accidentally) made eye contact with Kuzuha. The mixture of being shy and still having your mind clouded with romantic emotions didn't help at all.

"...ah... uh... no- nothing..."

So many things raced through you at this point, almost on the verge of overwhelm just by not knowing what to say or where to start.
Then, additionally, you remembered you still didn't congratulate him for reaching such a big milestone or thank him for hosting this party, let alone for inviting you.

The smile on your lips disappeared, your mouth mimicking some words while trying to think what to say.

Kuzuha blinked once, then twice, and he immediately knew what was going on as soon as he noticed your stuttering.
A grin plastered on his face as he noticed your struggle, so he decided to help,

"Are you feeling well? Do you want to go for a walk? Your face looks warm."

His arm sneaked around your tense shoulders and led you to the staircase.
Meanwhile, he told you how much fun everyone had and how long he needed to finally find you.

You, on the other hand, still tried to find something to say, and you eventually collected enough courage to talk to him,

"... you were looking for... me?"

Your voice was merely a whisper, but thanks to his pointy ears, Kuzuha had no problems hearing you.

"Yes! I didn't see you around since the party started and I wanted to make sure you're having fun".

Kuzuha carefully examined your surprised reaction and immediately got all awkward,

"Ah, sorry. I'm being weird again..."