realizations.

Luke's POV:

    I found it amusing that the second Sage and I finished, she didn't seem too interested in hanging around me much longer.

    Especially as I sat back, not making much of an effort to move considering I'm in no rush and don't plan on going to Calum's party. I just had the best sex of my life and am honestly, on cloud nine. I'm in no mood to rush out of here.

    And Sage definitely picks up on it.

    "Well, this was fun and all," she says, shooting me a smile as I raise my eyebrows at her. "But it's getting late."

    "Is there somewhere you need to be?" I ask curiously.

    "No but don't you have Calum's party?" she asks, opening the door in order to get out of the truck as she jumps out, standing next to the door and waiting for me to do the same.

    "Nah, don't feel like drinking tonight."

    "Oh," she says simply. "Well, then I hope you enjoy your sober night."

    She gestures her hand in an escorting motion as I still stay exactly where I am. I probably should abide by her request and leave but I'm sure she doesn't have anywhere to be. What's the rush?

    Noticing I don't plan on moving, Sage sighs as she asks, "Do you need a ride home or something?"

    "No, I'm fine where I am."

    "Okay but I'm-"

    "What do you have to do, Conway? If I had to take a wild guess, I'd assume you're not going to Calum's and I know Michael's out of town because Ashton wanted him to come tonight too so why are you so eager to get rid of me?"

    My tone is teasing, eager to hear her response as it's clear she didn't expect me to want to stick around after what happened. And maybe it's weird that I do want to but a part of me wants to hang out with her. I can't explain it but she seems a lot better than any of those people I could possibly bore myself with at that party.

    I guess that's what incredible sex will do to you.

    Then again, I saw a different side to her tonight. I enjoyed our banter and didn't fail to notice that behind all that shyness that she typically emits, she actually seems cool. Never in a million years could I have predicted that.

    She doesn't seem crazy or annoying or mean or any of the things that people tend to call her around here. Instead, she just seems like a cool girl who also happens to be really fucking good in bed.

    "I don't have anywhere to be but I don't know what you want from me right now. In all honesty, I planned on just sitting in my truck bed and avoiding going home for as long as possible so trust me when I say, you're better off heading out."

    "I'll join you."

    Sage stills completely, standing at the door with shock on her features as she blinks her eyes at me in disbelief. I don't blame her, I'm sure she didn't strike me as the clingy type after a hookup and in no way am I but I think neither of us are eager to go home as I'm going back to an empty apartment and she's probably going home to a house that's much fuller than she'd like it to be.

    Skylar may still be at the party but Genevieve is probably there and I choose to run far away from her whenever I'm remotely near her.

    Choosing to stay regardless of her reaction, I go to climb out of the vehicle, mentally patting myself on the back for somehow having sex in the back of this thing. I've had lots of car sex before but typically the girl is on top as it's hard to fit my large body in such a crammed space. I didn't even recognize how tight the space was as I was too focused on the girl below me.