Drunken Thoughts

-Elijah-

I awkwardly sit there not sure what I could do to comfort anyone so instead I observe how everyone is doing.

Amy's normal neat ginger hair now looks like a birds nest, and her eyes are puffy from all the crying she has been doing. Her normal sun kissed skin now looks pale and sickly and her eyes have dark rings around them.

Brenda's hair looks better due to it being in a bonnet so her frizzy hair doesn't end up being in a tangled mess. But her finger nails are chewed to the brim. Eyes that were once always bright and happy, now looked lost and somber.

Michael looks stiff and tense, his brown eyes darting from one person to another. Michael was normally the calm and collective one out of all of them but now he looked like a mess, I probably wasn't looking so good either.

Makyla's nails were digging into their palm while staring and a blank spot into the wall.

It hurt seeing all his friends looking so lost so Elijah decide to do something.

*****************

We all watched as Elijah suddenly got up and picked up the keys to his car.

"Come on guys, let's go get wasted."

" I-i don't think that's the best idea... " Makyla softly spoke.
"Why not? All of us feel like shit so let's go kill off brain cells with alcohol," Elijah replied, already putting his shoes on to leave.
"What if we end up doing something stupid?" Michael argued, although he already agreed with this idea in his head.

"Since when don't we do anything stupid," Brenda sighed.

"I won't drink so I could drive all of us home." Amy said

"Perfect!" Elijah exclaimed .I

***********

It has only took 10 minutes before everyone excluding Amy were wasted.

The bright lights of the club flashing in everyone's faces as they all laughed and talked.

"I HAVE SOMETHING TO CONFESS," Makyla hiccups "Kendra and I were fighting because- wait? Is it me and Kendra or is it Kendra and I?" Makyla goes silent for a few seconds, trying to remember what was grammatically right before continuing.

"ANYWAYS, Kendra told me she was pregnant," Makya laughs "and I was soooo surprised who the father was!"

Brenda, Michael and Elijah started laughing too, thinking it was all a joke.

"Who was the father Makyla?" Amy yells over the blaring music.
Makyla smiles and puts a finger on their lips.
"It's a secret," they start laughing again.

Amy frowns realizing that they probably all had more then just a alcohol.