CHAPTER 15 - THE NURSE AND HER ROYAL CLIENT

"Nurse ... Marigold ..." Goose Blahblah nodded her head coolly as she curtseyed, not at all aroused by the condescending mention of her past name.

The voice drawled on, "Welcome back! I believe you, as intelligent and fine-looking as you are, have reconsidered my offer. Very wise ... very wise ... Of course, I wouldn't expect less from a goose, let alone one who withholds the title of Nurse."

"Pleasure to meet you," Goose Blahblah replied in her quick, cackly voice, "It has been a long time since we've met, King King-in-the-Box."

"Oh? ..." the king creased his eyebrows, "That's surprising ... I believe you seem to be forgetting your manners."

"I believe otherwise, Your Majesty," Goose Blahblah kept her cool tone, "For I'm no longer a citizen here, just in case your lament about your missing half has caused you to forget."

"Well let's just get straight to the point then!" whined King KitB, the attempt at a lofty and condescending character seemingly forgotten. His voice ranged from a deep and unsettling whisper fit for the narration of a psychological thriller or creepypasta, to a whiny, high pitched voice only matched with the cries of a toddler in terms of annoyingness, which was only made worse when one paired it with his appearance, a stout wooden doll with obsidian-like eyes and huge tufts of woollen beard, the same snow-coloured fibres framing his pink face in huge white locks and ornamented with a shiny golden crown. Golden buttons were stitched onto the red coat draping his shoulders and arms, yet since he dwelled from an intricate golden box he called his "throne" his waist and legs weren't visible.

"You're the one putting up an act," Goose Blahblah admired the back of her left wing, "Still fuming over the amputation?"

"It's treason, I tell you!" cried King KitB, "And if I weren't alive to begin with I would've charged you for murder!"

"You seem to be adamant about following the rules that you set," Goose Blahblah snapped, her tone still quick and cool, "What about the simpler rules that help give you a better service? It should be obvious, pay me at least half the amount I charge you, and I'll fix you up. Your situation isn't fatal in the slightest, so quit coming back to that excuse."

"I'm the king of this land!" cried King KitB.

"And I'm from another, so forget about that excuse as well," Goose Blahblah heard Billina's cackles from behind, "You know the rules and so do I, so pay up or I'll say goodbye once again."

"You're- you're so stubborn!" whined King KitB, "I've offered you a nice place in the castle, and appointed you as the Royal Nurse, making you even more popular! What more do you ask for?!"

"Toyen?"

"NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO!!"

"Oh alright then," Goose Blahblah curtseyed again, "I wish you well for the rest of the day."

She began to leave, angering King KitB.

"Guards!" he cried, "Seize her and bind her to the ground!"