New Friend

Time flew after you and the man sat down at the counter of the bar.

You chatted about music and fashion with him while taking small sips. You were surprised that the man beside you knows a lot about it. You thought men would not be interested in such things.

There was not a moment of silence between you two. Until you heard jazz music coming from the radio in the room.

You saw his eyes brighten up like a puppy. "Oh, that's jazz! Shh......you hear that?" He murmured.

You stopped for a second and took notice of the beautiful melody. The piano and the saxophone matched perfectly, creating a remarkable rhythm. The low-pitched strings had their melody in the piece but they were not extremely submissive.

"Wow......That's amazing!" You twirled your head to the man beside you and glowed.

"Yeah, I know right! I'm so glad somebody understands." He took a gulp and returned the passionate smile.

You recalled something all of a sudden. "What's your name?"

He giggled after you finished your question. "Ohh right! I forgot about that either. So ugh..."

He clearly should not reveal his true identity to anyone, especially in front of a woman like you.

"You can call me Luca. I'm 23. You could probably tell, I like jazz, food, fancy things stuff like that. How about you?" You saw his purple eyes shimmer when he discusses the things he likes.

You introduced yourself as well. He listened to every word and nodded while you were speaking.

"So, what do you do for a living?" The man sipped his drink and asked.

"I am uhh......still thinking what suits me the most. You know, those common jobs were not the best for me." You let out a fake smile.

He nodded in agreement. Soon you found his eyes sparkled under the dim light. He raised an odd question out of curiosity.

"Are you familiar with jewelleries?" He asked. You were not a professional at that, but looking at them makes you wonder what life does a rich person lives. You tipped your head to the side like a puppy listening to its owner saying its favourite words. "Do you by any chance know......any gems or jewel that's warm?"

Your eyes widened and you had a million question marks bursting out of your head. "No, I don't know any of that is warm...?" You responded uncertainly.

Luca pouted. He knew that an ordinary person like you would not know about it either. The treasure must be something invaluable.

"Never mind then." He then looked up, drinking the remaining beverage in the glass.

You and Luca walked out of the bar and realized it was already midnight. Stars twinkled in the dark atmosphere. A cool wind came from nowhere, making you clear your mind from the alcohol.

"Wow, it's already that late?" He looked at his watch on his left wrist and said.

"I better walk home now. My roommate is probably going home too." You smiled at him, cherishing every minute with this sweet mysterious gentleman.

"Wait, let me take you home, okay?" Luca asked. You gazed at his purple eyes again.

"I don't mean to frighten you or follow you home like a stalker but...You know if you walk home alone at this time, someone's definitely gonna hit on you or something......" He explained himself while rubbing the back of his neck.

You nodded quietly after observing his muscular-built body without him noticing. You started to walk toward your apartment with him. He walked unhurriedly and he adjusted his speed so that he could walk beside you.

You walked through a narrow alleyway as a shortcut. The alleyway was most likely to be the tiny road behind the stores' back door.

You heard someone whistle behind you.

Although you had Luca accompany you at the time, you were still anxious about the whole hook-up thing.

He lowered his speed and walked behind you in silence.

"Shut your mouth or else you won't be able to see the dawn again." He said with a fierce tone while facing backward.

He caught up with you after a brief moment. "Did I scare you? Sorry." you saw him frown. You shook your head instantly.

"Thank you." You whimpered.

You reached your apartment shortly. Turns out that you were a bit earlier than expected. Your roommate was not home yet and she was the one who was holding the key.

A sigh escaped from your lips. You saw him look up to the building and back to you.

"Too early?" he asked. You nodded.

"How long does it take for your roommate to come back?" Luca took a look at his watch.

"Uhh......maybe 45 minutes?" You answered with a remorseful voice. "You can go home if you want, Luca. You don't have to worry about me." You added.

"Nevermind. I'll wait here with you, okay?" Luca snickered.

He found a bench right next to the establishment and brought you there.

You sat down beside him and glanced at the view under the moonlight. The birds stopped chirping and the wind started to blow. The leaves made a noticeable yet calm sound.

Luca stayed quiet the moment you sat down. You paid attention to the sound around you quietly. Your eyes started to feel heavy, but you insist on not falling asleep.

It seems that he had a glimpse of your drowsiness. "Sleepy?" He spoke softly. You shook your head to deny.

"It's okay, you can lay your head on my shoulder if you like." He chuckled as he saw you struggling to stay awake.

"I-I'm fine......" You mumbled.

You found yourself resting your head on his shoulder a couple of minutes later. You wanted to get up, but you heard his soft and gentle breath near your ear. You decided to stay in this position for a while.

"Are you her roommate?......okay......please get her to bed......no I'm not going in with her asleep like this......thanks......oh and tell her that......"

Birds chirping and the smell of coffee acted as your alarm clock. You opened your eyes and saw the ceiling of your room. You wonder how did you get here from the bench last night.

"You're awake, hun? So tell me...Who's that guy?" your roommate sat at the edge of your bed and smirked. You looked at her in silence, still figuring out where to start.

You told her about the incident yesterday and the fact that you offered the man drinks afterward. Your roommate grinned as she noticed that the man was not like the others.

"Sounds like you had fun yesterday!" She smirked mischievously. "Want some coffee?...... Oh, and he wanted to tell you that you can call him anytime. I wrote down the number in your notebook. No need to thank me." She winked and went to the kitchen.

The images of this mysterious man filled your mind since the moment you woke up. His blonde silky hair and his purple eyes are extraordinary. His muscular body and the way he talks simply attracted you.

You opened the latest page of your notebook. A combination of numbers was written on the first line.

Perhaps you should give him a call afterward.

゚+o。◈。o+゚+o。◈。o+゚+o。◈。o+゚+o。◈。o+