Chapter- 21

Lisa's Pov...

Lisa: "Yes, mother, I promise that-" I was leading my parents up to the conference room when a familiar set of voices laughing together inside.

Bambam: "Seems like the twins have met the doc," he nods towards the door.

Lisa: "It seems so..." I peer in before slowly pushing the door open ignoring my parents' slightly concerned expressions, "Evening, doc."

Jennie: "Evening, Lisa... Bambam... And I'd like to assume Mr. and Mrs. Manoban?" She offers a smile.

Marco: "You'd be correct... Marco," he offers his hand she shakes it," And my wife, Chitthip."

Chitthip: "But please, Marco and Chitthip."

My mother gives a slight glare from the side as she says that, knowing that everyone is all too formal around here... But I notice her surprise when the doc referred to me as Lisa rather than Boss.

Speaking of, the doc just nods and offers a small smile as m mother drops the formalities. Despite my reputation and position, I was still her son, her boy.

Rosie: " And we're Alice and Rosie."

Jennie: " Well, it was nice meeting you all, but I'd better get some rest for the day's work tomorrow."

Chitthip: "I didn't get your name?" She stops doc in her tracks as she was heading for the door.

Jennie: "Ah.. I'm sorry," she chuckled, "Everyone usually just calls me doc... Um... Jennie.... Jennie Kim"

Chitthip: "Lovely... Goodnight, Jennie.''

Jennie's Pov...

As I left the room, I couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment... It was so refreshing to meet people who weren't from this world. Even before Lisa, I was always surrounded by the same type of people.

I was waiting for the elevator when I ran into smaller girl and I immediately remembered that there was supposed to be another sister.

Jennie: "You must be the youngest sister."

Somi: "Yup! I'm Somi... And you are?"

Jennie: "The new doc," I half shrug.

Somi: "Nice to meet you, doc."

She offers her hand and I chuckle while I shake it. She was about 15 or so... Not super young, but still adorable, and I adored the way she tried to be formal.

Jennie: "Well, I'm off to bed, Somi. Do you know your way around the place?"

Somi: "Actually, no. I had to use the bathroom, but I'm not quite sure where the conference room is? This is my first time being here. Do you mind taking me?"

Of course I couldn't resist, but all I did was show her where it was so I didn't have to face everyone again.

I'd wake the next morning to all of them in the common kitchen, approaching slowly as I eavesdropped, trying my best not to be obvious.

Chitthip: "You are 23. You're not getting any younger."

Lisa: "Well, it's difficult to find a wife given all of the circumstances, not like I need or want one. Even if I did, how unfair to bring someone into this life."

I furrow my brows at that, a bit contradicting to her previous actions, no?

Also... So she doesn't have a wife or kids yet?

Chitthip: "Perhaps she's already in this life? Lisa."

When she said that, I decided to skip breakfast and went straight to the hospital wing, grabbing some chips from the vending machine.

Mark: "That looks delicious," he says, reaching for it.

Jennie: "Ah! Hands off, bud!" I chuckle and hold it away.

Mark: "No fun, doc."

Jennie: "You are on a strict diet for recovery!"

We continued poking fun at each other until I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

Mark: "Boss," he nods in greeting.

Lisa: "A word , doc," she says after nodding back.

I turned around and follow her into the hallway.

Jennie: "What's this about?"

Lisa: "My family is here for their safety... After Sunmi leaked the intel, I can't be entirely sure who knows about us just  yet."

I just nod, but she reads my face.

Lisa: "I'm telling you this because my mother has never gotten along with any other female here.. I know it was just one interaction, but it was enough."

Jennie: "What are you saying?"

Lisa: "I'm asking if you'll be her protection if she needs to go out... But also a companion of sorts."