𝟶𝟸

𝕴𝖓𝖛𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖘

Lily truly despised the holidays, more than any other time of year. It was when she felt she had nobody, all alone in her big house while her parents work. Of course, she had been invited to spend time at the burrow, but she had politely declined: not wanting to intrude.

Being

At almost 12:30 am, she lay on her stomach hidden beneath her red silk sheets, with a lamp propping them up, forming a tent like structure. She was reading through A History Of Magic, feeling the need to study for once. She hadn't quite aqquired the good habits from Hermione, she instead, developed Ron's everlasting anti-study attitude. But this year, she believed it may be time for a change.

Being the younger sister of Cedric Diggory wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. Although he was very caring, their parents tended to favour the older boy, leaving Lily to feel rather alone. Cedric did try his best to change her feeling that way.

The quill paused as she finished yet another paragraph, she put it between her teeth and reached for the ink pot that sat next to her. Slowly and carefully, she unscrewed the small bottle and dipped the quill into it.

However, as the young girl took another break- she saw a small silhouette gracefully gliding past the moon. Growing larger every second, was a large lob-sided creature, with a smaller one beside it.

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞?" She muttered as three birds landed onto her single bed.

Noticing a parcel attached to their claws, she quickly picked it up and tore of the brown wrapping paper-

ᦔꫀꪖ𝘳 ꪶ𝓲ꪶꪗ,

ꫝꪖρρꪗ ꪶꪖꪗꫀ ᥇𝓲𝘳𝓽ꫝᦔꪖꪗ. 𝓲ꪑ 𝘴ꪮ𝘳𝘳ꪗ 𝓲 ᥴꪮꪊꪶᦔꪀ𝓽 ᭙𝘳𝓲𝓽ꫀ 𝘴ꪮꪮꪀꫀ𝘳, ᥇ꪊ𝓽 ꪑꪊꪑ ᭙ꪖ𝘴 ꪊ𝘴𝓲ꪀᧁ 𝓽ꫝꫀ ꪮ᭙ꪶ ᠻꪮ𝘳 𝘴ꪮꪑꫀ𝓽ꫝ𝓲ꪀᧁ ꫀꪶ𝘴ꫀ. 𝘴ꪮ𝘳𝘳ꪗ 𝓲 ꫝꪖꪜꫀꪀ𝓽 ᥇ꫀꫀꪀ 𝓲ꪀ ᥴꪮꪀ𝓽ꪖᥴ𝓽 𝘳ꫀꪜꫀꪀ𝓽ꪶꪗ, ꪑ𝓲𝘴𝘴 ꪗꪮꪊ 𝓽ꫝꪮꪊᧁꫝ.
᭙ꫀ ᭙ꫀꪀ𝓽 𝓽ꪮ ꫀᧁꪗρ𝓽, 𝓲𝓽𝘴 ᥇ꫀꫀꪀ ꪖꪑꪖɀ𝓲ꪀᧁ, 𝓲ꪶꪶ 𝓽ꫀꪶꪶ ꪗꪮꪊ ꪖꪶꪶ ꪖ᥇ꪮꪊ𝓽 𝓲𝓽 𝘴ꪮꪮꪀ.
᭙ꫀꪶꪶ ᥇ꫀ ᥇ꪖᥴ𝘬 ꪖ ᭙ꫀꫀ𝘬 ᥇ꫀᠻꪮ𝘳ꫀ 𝓽ꫀ𝘳ꪑ 𝘴𝓽ꪖ𝘳𝓽𝘴 ꪖꪀᦔ ᭙ꫀ 𝘴ꫝꪖꪶꪶ ᥇ꫀ ᧁꪮ𝓲ꪀᧁ 𝓽ꪮ ꪶꪮꪀᦔꪮꪀ 𝓽ꪮ ᧁꫀ𝓽 ꪑꪗ ᭙ꪖꪀᦔ ꪖꪀᦔ ꪮꪊ𝘳 ꪀꫀ᭙ ᥇ꪮꪮ𝘬𝘴. ꪖꪀꪗ ᥴꫝꪀꪖᥴꫀ ꪮᠻ ꪑꫀꫀ𝓽𝓲ꪀᧁ ꪗꪮꪊ 𝓽ꫝ᭙𝘳ꫀ?

ꫝꪖ𝘳𝘳ꪗ ᭙𝓲ꪶꪶ ᥇ꫀ 𝓽ꫝꫀ𝘳ꫀ 𝓽ꪮꪮ ;)

𝓽𝘳ꪗ ꪖꪀᦔ ᥴꪮꪑꫀ 𝓽ꪮ ꪶꪮꪀᦔꪮꪀ!

ρ𝘴 ρꫀ𝘳ᥴꪗ𝘴 ꫝꫀꪖᦔ ᥇ꪮꪗ, ꫝꫀ ᧁꪮ𝓽 𝓽ꫝꫀ ᥇ꪶꪮꪮᦔꪗ ꪶꫀ𝓽𝓽ꫀ𝘳 ꪶꪖ𝘴𝓽 ᭙ꫀꫀ𝘬.

𝓲 ᧁꪮ𝓽 ꪗꪮꪊ ꪖ ꪶ𝓲𝓽𝓽ꪶꫀ 𝘴ꪮꪑꫀ𝓽ꫝ𝓲ꪀᧁ ᠻꪮ𝘳 ꪗꪮꪊ𝘳 ᥇𝓲𝘳𝓽ꫝᠻꪖꪗ, ꫝꪮρꫀ 𝓽ꪮ 𝘴ꫀꫀ ꪗρꪊ 𝘴ꪮꪮꪀ.

᥇ꪗꫀ- 𝘳ꪮꪀ

After almost 6 minutes of trying to understand the gingers awful handwriting, the girl had a rather large smile plastered on her face. Also attached to the owls leg was a chocolate frog and a packet of magical sweets, her favourites.

Turning to the next owl, Hedwig. She opened the letter:

𝓛𝓲𝓵𝔂,

𝓗𝓪𝓹𝓹𝔂 𝓫𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓱𝓭𝓪𝔂!
𝓘 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼 𝔂𝓸𝓾.

𝓘 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓮𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓸𝓸𝓷, 𝓘𝓷 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓷.
𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓲𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓼𝓾𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻, 𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓪𝔀𝓯𝓾𝓵.

𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝔀𝓪𝓲𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓮𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓵𝓲𝓵.

𝓛𝓸𝓿𝓮, 𝓗𝓪𝓻𝓻𝔂

This time, the girl found herself with an even bigger smile. Harry and Lily had always been the closest out of the four, often being mistaken for a young couple. Oh how Lily wished. And little did she know, Potter felt exactly the same. Maybe this year, after 2 years, the secret will be revealed.

Feeling terribly excited, the young girl grabbed her quill and began to write to her parents:

ᴅᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴜᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴀᴅ,
ʀᴏɴ ʜᴀs ɪɴᴠɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪs ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴡᴇᴇᴋ ᴏғ ᴛᴇʀᴍ, ʜᴀʀʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʀᴍɪᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ.
ɪʟʟ ᴍɪss ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴛ ᴄʜʀɪsᴛᴍᴀs!
ʟᴏᴠᴇ, ʟɪʟʏ
:)

Maybe this year wouldn't be so bad after all.

___

Sunday finally arrived, after what felt like weeks, and it was time for Lily to head to diagon alley. She'd packed her things: clothes, books, wand and everything else she needed for the school year and gotten ready by 9am.

She chose to wear a red cropped jumper with black jeans and let her long black hair fall down her back. She looked beautiful and she didn't even have to try.

There was absolutely no doubt about that.

She'd changed drastically over the summer, her lips got fuller, her chest got bigger, her hair longer, she had more curves. It was a good change, she finally felt beautiful.

She wondered if anyone else would notice too.

"𝐎𝐟𝐟 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨" the young girl smiled to herself, speaking gently to her snowy owl, Sofia.