Hi! My Name Is Cam! So Is Mine!

Today was adoption day at the home. They have two adoption days each month, but this one was special.

Mrs. Johnston, who has always been like my mother, told us a famous girl group was coming to adopt and play for us. I got very excited and when I learned that it was Fifth Harmony I almost fell on the floor!

I ran around excitedly cleaning up the home and helping kids get ready. Finally, the tour bus pulled up and five familiar pairs of feet got out. I grinned as Camila Cabello herself stepped out.

I smiled wider and greeted her. "Hi! My name is Cam!" I beamed. "So is mine!" She replied with a sweet, genuine smile.

"This is Lauren, Normani, Dinah, and last but no least, Ally!" She beamed. "Hey Mila! What did I just say earlier? I said I ain't going last!" Ally yelled as she stuck her head out from behind the rest of the girls.

I giggled as Camila turned back around. I lead them in side to look at the kids, but when I left Camila, she came running back over to me. "Hey, Camz! Wait up!" She yelled.

I stopped shocked and turned around. "What is it? What do you need?" I ask. "You! Follow me!" She said beckoning me over to the girls.

I followed slowly until we reached a room where parents talked to kids they were interested in. I blushed and sat down in the chair as they all clustered in on two chairs.

I watched for a few minutes until they stopped fighting over chair. In the end Dinah got pushed out of the chair and slid onto the floor. "Hey!" She screeched as her hair hit the floor.

"You know you look like Beyoncé?" I say. "Aww! Really?" She asked beaming. The girls rolled their eyes as Dinah sat up and smoothed down her hair.

"So Camz, how old are you and how did you get here?" Camila asked. "Well first off, my real name is Cameron Fredrick's and I got here when I was three. My parents both got hit by a truck and died," I choked.

"We are s-so sorry Camreon!" Lauren choked. All five girls had tears in their eyes as Camila took a minute to think of another question. "S-so, Cameron, what do you like to do?"

I thought for a moment before answering. " Well, I mostly gave up on getting adopted a few years ago so I like helping all the other kids get out of here and into an actual home.

But other than that, I like watching YouTube videos, playing softball, and singing!" I say cheerfully.

Dinah wiped away her tears as she got up and slowly walked over to me. She bent down and stuck out a hand and smiled as I took it. "You are in luck Camz! You are getting adopted!" She whispered.

"Really?" I squeaked. "Yes baby girl! Really!" She answered chuckling. She hoisted me up with her and the girls ran over and we had a tear filled group hug.

"For the first time in my life I actually feel like I belong!" I whisper earning a few chuckles and sniffles.