《Chapter 1》

"Xie Lian! Can you come over right now? I know your shift just ended, and you must be driving home or something, but we have an emergency! A 26 years old male crashed with his car and is severely wounded as far as I have heard; Pei Ming had to go over with the ambulance to help since the position in which the male crashed is unfortunate, and it happened in the middle of the street, so a lot of people and crowds. Meaning I am watching over the children's ward right now, but Pei Ming will have to assist in the surgery too, and then we won't have someone to watch over the children's department! Please call me back as soon as possible, A-Lian!" I started my car's engine, letting the fast food I bought get cold on the bystander's seat; I rubbed my eyes as I quickly turned the car to the opposite road towards the hospital while dialling Shi Qingxuan's number.

"A-Lian, you finally picked up! I am sorry to call you over this urgently since you're not even the doctor supposed to be on-call, but you just left, and Huang Zheng has a pregnant wife at home, so my first instinct was to call you!" Shi Qingxuan ranted at once as I smiled, biting back a yawn as I pushed a little more gas, my eyes wandering to my speed limit, hoping there won't be any police officer tonight or I would get a speeding ticket, not that it would be my first.

"A-Xuan, calm down, it's no problem, I already told Zheng Shixiong I would take over his duty of being on-call, so I am happy you called me instead of him. I am driving back right now. I will be there in five minutes with this speed; let's pray for no officers on the street, haha." A deep sigh came from the other line.

"Thank God you're such a reliable friend and doctor, A-Lian. I would have no idea what to do without you," Shi Qingxuan whined through the phone.

"How's the patient?" Some rustling of paper got heard before I got an answer.

"He should be here around the time you arrive, the patient is unlucky, and it's hard for the workers to get him out of his position, so far what I have heard from Pei Ming is that this person had a head injury, some injuries caused by shattered glass, and probably some fractured bones, let's hope they are looking worse than they actually are." What often isn't the case were words left hanging between us.

I bit my lower lip, quickly parking my car as I saw the bright hospital lights, a bad feeling settling down in my stomach as I talked to Qingxuan.

"I am going to hang up; I arrived. Is the patient already there?" I took out my car keys as I opened the door, being met by the warm air of a summer evening.

"Not yet can you immediately move to the kid's ward? I will have to prepare for the surgery and don't forget to eat, A-Lian. I'll keep you updated whenever I get the chance!" I nodded before realizing Qingxuan, of course, couldn't see it, but before I could say anything else, he had hung up.

I jumped out of my car, not knowing how fast to rush inside the hospital.

Some medical dispatch workers came rushing inside with a person on a stretcher as I passed them.

All I did was glance down to look at the person on the stretched when the young male grasped onto my wrist; the medical workers stared at me as the man tried to mutter a few words.

His condition seemed to worsen with the second, a bleeding wound on his head, I tried to wriggle myself free, but the man tightened his grip, continuing to mutter the one single sentence that didn't make sense to me.

"He without a face, his crimes are unspeakable of." I pushed the male a little, finally having him let go of my hand as the other workers glanced at each other but quickly brought him away.

His words continued to replay themselves inside my mind with the same gloomy tune of wickedness.

He without a face, his crimes are unspeakable of?