Chapter 5

As soon as The Darkling left the room, the twins instantaneously hugged each other and they both started to cry, they were scared, they had never been apart, they did everything together, they were always together. "I no want leave you Lia" Kyra sniffed, a sorrowful look on her young features.

"I no want leave you too Ky" Aelia responded, and identical expression on her face, "We have do something, I no want go way from you" she continued. Suddenly, Aelia's expression changed, a look of hope now graced her tear filled eyes. "What if switch? They no know who Ky and who Lia"

"what mean?"

"We make hair and clothes look same, shadow man cant make Genya take me, if shadow man no know who me is"

"Okay Lia, they no take you away from me!" Kyra beamed, the twins had hope, they would not be separated. Aelia got to work on undoing the braid their mother had done for Kyra the day before, that left them with the same hairstyle, luckily for them, they were wearing matching clothes, each wearing two pale blue dresses, the only difference being cardigans they were wearing on top, they both disregarded them, now leaving them completely identical. Except for one thing. "WAIT LIA!" Kyra suddenly yelled, the look of panic evident on her features. "Our hair colour, Genya make you gold and me silver.", now the look of defeat gracing her face.

"Its okay Ky-Ky we can tie hair, they no see I think if we tie." The younger of the twins replied in a rushed voice, as if not fully believe what she's saying, but wanting it to be true, not wanting to loose hope.

They tied their hair back in simple ponytails, as that was all they were really capable of doing, then just hugged each other, just incase, if they were going to be separated, they were going to spend as much time as possible together.

A few minutes later, they heard the faint click of the door lock, and The Darkling walked in, followed by Genya. The twins released each other from their hug but linked their arms and stood defiantly in front of the two adults. The darkling took one look at the sight of the disregarded cardigans on the floor, and the two young girls and realized what they had done, the ghost of a smile played on his lips, he was amused by their efforts, but it was easy for him to tell them apart. 

After the few hours he had spent with them, he had started to notice differences in their behavior and the way the hold themselves. Kyra was clearly the more protective of the two, she stood with a slightly more confident stance, however, Aelia was obviously the shyer of the two, she held herself slightly smaller. 

It was obvious to him Kyra was standing on the left while Aelia was standing on the right, not only could he tell by the way they acted, but when he'd caught them running around, he'd noticed what Genya had done to their hair, once again making it obvious to him who was who. He appreciated the effort of tying their hair back in order to hide this, and so, he decided to humor them.

"Kyra, Aelia, although you two look exactly alike, your powers are completely different, I understand what you tried to achieve here, by making yourselves look exactly identical, however, I'm afraid, although you tried very hard, there's always another way." The darkling stated as he started to walk towards Kyra. He crouched down in front of her, in order to be level with her and looked her straight in the eyes, he could see tears already starting to form in the young girls eyes. 

He took her small hand in his own, and saw how her eyes widened as she realized what he was doing. At first she tried to pull her arm away, but failed miserably, The darkling had her wrist in an iron grip, when that didn't work, she tried a different approach. He could see her trying to fight off his amplification, he saw as she grew uncomfortable, how it became harder for her to resist it. "Let go Kyra" he chided in a quiet whisper.